Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is the problem: Since the forum backend has been updated, the "first unread post" always stays the same. Which means that I have to move about ten pages forward to reach the real new posts, in some threads.

Deleting cookies somehow solves this, but I'm not in the mood of deleting my cookies every day...

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Okay, to me it seems to be a problem with the Email notification - the link received there always sends me many pages into the past. When clicking the new post button in the thread list, it leads me to the right post.

BTW: Check the thread subscription table in the UserCP! The headers are somehow messed up!
It should read "Thread/Thread starter - posted by- Last Post - Replies - Views".
In that table, however "Posted by" is missing completely moving the following headers one column to the left and leaving the last one unoccupied.

P.S.: You should consider removing "Thread Starter" completely (or replacing "Posted by" with it), because it might be a bit confusing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm also expirening the problems (i assume everyone is?). F-3582 is right, the table in the user CP is screwy. I would bet that is what is (partially) cauing the issue, but i dunno how ngemu was designed. bobbi, plz help!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
F-3582 said:
Okay, to me it seems to be a problem with the Email notification - the link received there always sends me many pages into the past. When clicking the new post button in the thread list, it leads me to the right post.
The problem occurs to me with the new post buttons in the thread lists, regardless. Still does now.

G

·
See ...
ngemu.com = German server
forums.ngemu.com = US server
Simple solution ... you all need to move to germany!

Or I'll see if I can adjust the times :)

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, I do live in Germany... Doesn't solve my problem at all :D

By the way: When browsing on the same page that "new post" is clicking the "Read First Unread" button in the top left corner does the trick. However, his won't work anymore if that post is on a different page.

P.S.: For I usually get to the forum by clicking the links the notification emails gave me, I rarely use www.ngemu.com .

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for reviving this, but I think I found the solution. One of your cookies (BB_sessions_hash) has an expiration date somewhere 1970 or something. Changed this to 2070 and the new post function works again. God, I love Opera!

EDIT: Dang! Looks like this is but temporarily, as well, because the next time the cookie gets update the expiration date is set to 1970, again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.