Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I looked at the 2 pages of topics for the NullDC section and can't really find out how to start this program. I mean I download the emulator down with all of the required files (bio, etc) and this is what I did.

Open nullDC_v1.0.3_mmu.exe -> File -> Normal Boot -> choose file location (in this case, i used Skies of Arcadia with .nrg file extension) -> click on Play and it says Please insert game disc

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi guys,

I looked at the 2 pages of topics for the NullDC section and can't really find out how to start this program. I mean I download the emulator down with all of the required files (bio, etc) and this is what I did.

Open nullDC_v1.0.3_mmu.exe -> File -> Normal Boot -> choose file location (in this case, i used Skies of Arcadia with .nrg file extension) -> click on Play and it says Please insert game disc

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
a> if your game is a pirate download then you'll get no help with it here as its illegal

b> if its your own copy of your own original DC game, them you might need to alter the location in the options ie.

"your" game could be american and you've got it set to Pal
or vis vera.. you got a Pal verison and your NullDC is set for NTSC version, so try changing it around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, thank you.

One more question if you don't mind:

Under Options > nullDC Settings > System Region or Broadcast Format > I can't select any of the options after this, it's all gray, do you know the reason why?

Thanks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I see, thank you.

One more question if you don't mind:

Under Options > nullDC Settings > System Region or Broadcast Format > I can't select any of the options after this, it's all gray, do you know the reason why?

Thanks.
I have it gray too, i never bothered why... but to make it run on a diferent region setting enable the "Patch GDRom region" in:

Options > GDRom > Patch GDRom region.

I don't know if thats gonna have compatibility problem later on but i suggest getting the original bios of the game region. At the time im writting this i'm playing "Skies of Arcadia" too and this game is ****ing sweet. (i ripped my game and my bios from my dreamcast of course =)

Also don't use "nullDC_v1.0.3_mmu" since the "mmu" version is slower, use "nullDC_1.0.3_nommu" instead. (Read the readme file in the folder, it explains all that)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it gray too, i never bothered why... but to make it run on a diferent region setting enable the "Patch GDRom region" in:

Options > GDRom > Patch GDRom region.

I don't know if thats gonna have compatibility problem later on but i suggest getting the original bios of the game region. At the time im writting this i'm playing "Skies of Arcadia" too and this game is ****ing sweet. (i ripped my game and my bios from my dreamcast of course =)
I tried to enable the option, but it doesn't do the trick for me, either. Thank you anyways. I'm so jealous of you, I wanted to play SoA, too, hahah

I'm still not sure why it's not working ...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I tried to enable the option, but it doesn't do the trick for me, either. Thank you anyways. I'm so jealous of you, I wanted to play SoA, too, hahah

I'm still not sure why it's not working ...
Try deleting the file "dc_flash_wb.bin" inside the data folder of the emulator.

If that doesn't work try getting the bios of the region of the game, use both bios NTSC and PAL and see which one works. (assuming you rip the bios of your dreamcast of course)

If that still doesn't work then you "might" have a bad copy of the game. Try to "re-rip" the game again from your original copy... if you know what i mean... =)

Remember to use "nullDC_1.0.3_nommu". (The one with no mmu since that version is faster)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, I tried to delete the file dc_flash_wb.bin and SoA still didn't work. Then I decided to try another game, Grandia II, and it worked with or without the dc_flash_wb.bin.

Looks like I have to re-rip the SoA, then.

Thank you very much.

·
Time Lord
2,067 Posts
The dc_flash_wb.bin is just a back up of your flash.bin file, the emulator makes a back-up in case it gets corrupted. Re-rip the game and dont use neros nrg files.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Yeah, earlier I deleted the dc_flash_wb.bin and run the emulator, when I come back to the data folder, it's there again. So, they make it every time I run the emulator or something.

Also, Grandia II has the extension .cdi, and it worked, SoA has .nrg and it doesn't. I tried to re-rip with the .cdi and voila, it works now! However, I got a new problem....hahahha, the video/sound is a little bit laggy.

My computer met the Recommended CPU requirements for all settings, so I need some more help here, guys. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
769 Posts
^ Yeah, earlier I deleted the dc_flash_wb.bin and run the emulator, when I come back to the data folder, it's there again. So, they make it every time I run the emulator or something.

Also, Grandia II has the extension .cdi, and it worked, SoA has .nrg and it doesn't. I tried to re-rip with the .cdi and voila, it works now! However, I got a new problem....hahahha, the video/sound is a little bit laggy.

My computer met the Recommended CPU requirements for all settings, so I need some more help here, guys. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
- We can't help if we don't know the info of your computer.

- Are you using Window Vista?

- Last but not least, you using "nullDC_1.0.3_nommu.exe" or "nullDC_1.0.3_mmu.exe"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here it is:

Windows XP Professional
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
GeForce FX 5500
and I did install the Direct X 9 thing in the readme file
and I'm using the nonmu.exe like you recommended

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here it is:

Windows XP Professional
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
GeForce FX 5500
and I did install the Direct X 9 thing in the readme file
and I'm using the nonmu.exe like you recommended
The problem must be your video card then, GeForce FX 5500 is pretty weak.

I have 2 computers with the same processor (athlon64 3200+) and 2gb ram but with different graphic card. (ATI Radeon HD 4800 and an integrated GeForce 6100).

With the default settings (nullPVR and nullAICA) nullDC runs fine on the pc with the ATI Radeon HD 4800 even on the highest resolution 1680 x 1050 with 55 - 60 fps, but it runs slow on the pc with the GeForce 6100 even having the lowest resolution 640 x 480 with 40 - 45 fps.

You can speed it up a bit in: options > PowerVR > Sort: Off (fastest)

Is time to upgrade that video card mate.

On a side note, Skies of Arcadia lags a bit in the intro but the gameplay is smooth 55 - 60 fps.

·
Deus ex machina
1,978 Posts
Your game image is probably non selfbootable. Most, if not all .cdi and gdi images are selfbootable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's what I feared, too, the graphic cards. It HAS been a while since I got that graphic card, hahah, and I'm not that computer building savvy so i don't know much about it. Anyways, I'll try to find some stronger graphic cards, then.

^ I'm not sure what you meant, but the SoA.cdi works fine, it just lags, lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.