Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I`m all new to this PSX eumlation. Since I got a PS2, my old PSX games where just hidden away in a drawer... until I found ePSXe. The fact that I can now play my games on my comp is great! And it`s free, so it`s even greater :)

Anyway... I am having some problems with the games I tested. I hope you can help me solve this. Here are my computer specs:

P3 933mhz
256mb ram
Creative TNT Riva2 Ultra 32mb OpenGL
Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A
Sonic Impact A3D (sound card)

The problem I am having is that at first, the two opening screens at Metal Gear Solid is WAY to fast. When I get to the submarine part (intro), the sound and video goes all choppy (frameskips). I reduced the max fps to 130, and the opening screens where better (but not good), but still the submarine intro (and all other cut-scenes) are choppy. The CD-ROM says that it is the NTSC version of the game, though I actually own the PAL version (as with any of my other games).

I tried Parasite Eve 2 instead, and it lockes up at the first opening screen...

What am I doing wrong? How should I configure it? I have tried to follow the FAQ/read me "by the book"... but in avail.

Please help me, as I am having trouble sleeping over this issue :p

Tud

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have tried reducing it to 50... AND 60... and 70/80/90 and so on... nothing of that works... :(

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

S

·
0 Posts
Disturbed is right, Parasite Eve 2 does not work on any emulator currently. But FPSE's new release is due out soon and it may work on that one. Try setting the detect country option to PAL, that way it should see you CDs as PAL. Other than this, I don't know what to tell you, as I don't have Meatal Gear Solid and I have not encountered this problem w/any of my games. BTW, you might want to take a look at the configuration that Disturbed posted and give it a try. It should work well for you.
Thanks for posting that Disturbed.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 6 of 6 Posts