Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering since there are so many guys here with over 5000 posts what would have been your first posts on these forums about anyway?

I went as far back as possible but got bored of clicking next after a while...

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
lol, nice idea. I guess If I can get u some :p

*hushypushy : i've beaten final fantasy 7 like 15 times on my playstation, and now i want to play it on my computer when im on aim and such. however, i dont want to sit through hundreds of random battles. is there any way i can use gameshark codes on epsxe?

*Kane : When I was running FF9 PAL, I found that I needed to set the frame rate at 60 manually, then use the option in Pete's GPU to switch back to auto speed for MDECs. I don't know if the same applies to the NTSC version

Also, I can't remember whether or not the battles seemed jerky... mainly coz I would just switch to no framelock during them

*Kaiser Sigma : Hi, do anyone knows of a way to load the saves in the memory card from Final Fantasy VI, since each time I try it says that the file is corrupted or damaged. I've tried every emulator and every version possible so I would appreciate any help.

And umm plz let me show u this :p . It's just so strange to believe.

* Kaiser's second post : Wow, that´s cool, thanks a lot !

Cool :p

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
it's only strange because it doesn't fit with the image you have of him ;)

I think most of the people here joined with originally emulation-related questions.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
My first post back in 2001 (PSXEmu days) was about FF9.. I had just bought it from Wal-Mart for $40, and needed help getting it running in ePSXe on my P3 733, Voodoo3 3000, 128MB RAM, etc.. I got it running thanks to Lewpy's plugin, and beat it completely in ePSXe 1.4.0. :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
My first post was also in June 2001 back in the emuforums.com , and it was about FF8 :p my second post was the perfect plugin config for FF8 and i asked for a sticky :p and sxamiga (if im not mistaken) said he couldnt sticky otherwise we would have 1000 stickys for each game config xD remember it as it were yesterday xD

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Not exactly oldschool, but already in the spine-group of NGEmu, even though im a slow poster.

First post was aeons ago, about Chrono Cross. I asked why its so damn slow in motionblur effects etc... similar. Found out that Ati cards suck at Framebuffer effects and thats why it was slow (speeded up in later Pete's plugins). I was so dissapointed... :dance:

Dont remember how it went by word to word, but it was Kane who told me where problem lied... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I first posted in the old PSXEmu forums. I wanted help to run Chrono Cross correctly in ePSXe. People were quite friendly and helped me immediately. I have started posting more and more, and the peak was in the Batard Era. Then, things started slowing down for me and nowadays I rarely post anything.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
cloudvii said:
Side note : Funky avatar you got there Maza ;)
Yah. VGcats kick ass. And i simply love that face of hers. :lol:

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
My first post was something about my hardest boss battle, IIRC.

My only emulation-related question was about FF8 (and it turned out to be that my 2nd CD was scratched, and The Captain got past the problematic part for me). People here can be quite helpful :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
People here can be quite helpful :)

...or true pain in the arse... sometimes. ;) :lol:

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Man, my frist post was about beating FF7 in less than 24hours...just can't get out of it can you? (I know, I'm still a bit of n00b to this forum)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
Player-X said:
i think my first one was about a PS2->USB adapter drivers
first one to not have his first post about a square game.
You're a truly unique person, Player-X. ;)

culubalo said:
I wish I could remember my first post, back in 2001 I think...
You reregistered here as well?

IIRC my first post here was a reply on something; but technically that wasn't the first post on psxfanatics (that's what this site used to be), my first one was at the time they still used the wwwthreads forums. It's probably been a reply to a bleem-related topic in German. I forgot the specifics ;)

1 - 20 of 190 Posts