·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Interesting article :thumb:
Though I wonder if the Phantom will ever become a succes...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would buy but it would have to be really really fast and powerfull so that I wouldnt have to upgrade every day. If they release the console just after Half life 2 they would make a fortune..

·
Registered
391 Posts
These are just the early prototypes...and I'm pretty certain this thing is doomed to failure. They are already in massive debt and they just lost the big lawsuit they filed against [H]ardOCP.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Good for them,I thought that might happen,After all would a company that sued a website for giving his free opinion not seem to be on the road to failure?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
can't see any good purpouse to release this... console, that company don't have as much $$ as Micro$oft... :p

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
It could even be a ploy to invite investers and run off with thier money as outlined by hardocp, the way it works is in question, download 20MB of a game and stream the rest? is there a way to get enough customers to make it worth it or is this going home with the vapourware award

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Phantom = N-Gage of consoles.

What a sorry excuse for a console.. anyone could slap a PC into a case and call it a console.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
I've been hearing a lot about the Phantom console for some time now, but so far it has still not seen the light of day. This seems logical since, in the literal sense, what is a Phantom? A spectre, a spirit, a ghost or a manifestation of the mind. And so far this Phantom console is.........??? 'Nuff said.
sx/amiga

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Lame -_-

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think one of you mods should change the topic title from First look at the new Phantom Console to First look at the new Phantom Gaming Service. It's not a console, it's a gaming service. :D

And from the picture on DarkWatcher's page, the Phantom looks like a Manta ray.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
My computer beats that thing by a mile :D Not bragging but it doesn't seem to be anything special. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Bah, I've always thought of the Phantom as either a joke or an investers cash stealing machine, looks like that won't change :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Blah. A computer still is the way to go. The Phantom is a computer that is a wanna-be console :p

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well I'm not to hyped on this idea of the phantom. Dosen't look like anything special to me. Just another console...

·
Perpetual Dualism
451 Posts
I don't see any reason to buy this

since it's a "wannabe"-computer-looking-console, it will be easy to emulate the games on normal pcs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts