Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this nice site where they're testing the psp!

psp hands-on

greetz
rudy_x

(if it doesn't belongs here then move this thread somewhere else)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just viewed all the movies, I really like the menu Sony made for the PSP the orange color looks fantastic.
And the game movies look cool to, I'm gonna buy meself a PSP that's for sure..

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Poor DS ^^

Thks for the links guys

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i dont know how, but i gonna buy one.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
A short battery life won't be a real problem if it comes with a rechargable battery. I'm not buying a ton of AA batteries for this thing.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Found this on one of the replies from the webmaster of the site that Rudy_x posted up.

2hours is simply not true due to the fact that we tested the unit with brigthes settings longer then that and it was even not fully loaded!)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
DarkAurora said:
A short battery life won't be a real problem if it comes with a rechargable battery. I'm not buying a ton of AA batteries for this thing.
I thought it only accepts a 3.6 volt lithium-ion battery pack.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
saw games from psp on tv(MGS acid).. it looked as good as PS2 games !!! wonder how much its gonne cost... And suprisingly the orange really does look good.

DarkAurora said:
hmmm i got tons or recharegable battery >.< still got them from my Sega gamegear :)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
wonder how much its gonne cost...
185 dolars, 145 euros, 19,733 yen.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
145 eu hmm thats not that much.. might even buy one :D Really thought it would be exspensive as hel oO hmm 145 doesnt sound to bad :p any ideas yet how much a averange game would cost ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
/me drools

I am so looking forward to the PSP. I dont buy handhelds because I hardly play them but I am buying this for sure.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
A hundred quid? I think I'll pick up one of them then.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Kiroshi said:
/me drools

I am so looking forward to the PSP. I dont buy handhelds because I hardly play them but I am buying this for sure.
yea just the look of it :p its one of those things u just WANT TO HAVE :D

hmm wil it be able to play EU/US/JP games or is it like a PS2 ? And when wil it be released the PSP ? going to CH/HK this year :p so maybe i can get it bit cheaper there :D

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Poor DS ^^

Thks for the links guys
Considering you can't even find one (a DS) ANYWHERE to buy right now, I would not say poor DS. Also considering Sony's track record with optical drives I would definately not run out and buy a PSP from the first production runs....thats like asking for trouble....

And as to the point about Battery life. There is NO way that an optical drive WON'T eat up the battery charge. Just running the laser alone will kill it pretty fast. Not even mentioning the amount of power it takes to spin up a DC motor that has a Load (The mini cd) on it. They may have gotten it to last longer than 2 hours, BUT what were they playing?? a demo that doesn't access the drive or a full blown game that will need to load levels frequently....
I am not sold on the thing yet, way to many if's out there... things like the unprotected screen, Sony's rep for quality workmanship in it's game consoles :rollseyes:. Sony has much to prove when it comes to handhelds...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] said:
yea just the look of it :p its one of those things u just WANT TO HAVE :D

hmm wil it be able to play EU/US/JP games or is it like a PS2 ? And when wil it be released the PSP ? going to CH/HK this year :p so maybe i can get it bit cheaper there :D
Well it will play all games from all different regions (technically) But if you have problems Sony won't help you. And as for languages, not al games from Asia and other parts will have an 'english select' so if you can't read the language good luck! :p

Oh and as for Hong Kong, I heard that SCE is having a lot of troubles there to keep things up-to-date, so they won't be getting units there till at least the North American Release.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts