Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Classic Games Lover
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you remember your first game that you ever played? The one which started your fascination? Share with us :)

As for me it was the game which I played when I went to the game center for the first time, around the year of 1984. It was a big arcade machine (I was 4 at that time) with a steering wheel, the game was entitled Buggy Challenge. I was really fascinated being able to control a car ;) Here are some screens:

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
A Super Mario Bros 1, on NES when it was brand new on europe. That was AEONS ago when i was a little kid. :) I remember that i kept bugging my dad to buy one when i saw comercial of it. My dad was really negative about it and soon i forgot it. But then, one happy day there was nifty lil' black box with Nintendo Entertaiment System logo and pic of it on our food table. Oh man, i played that Super Mario Bros & Duckhunt combo cart like there was no tomorrow and my parents were quite interested with Duckhunt aswell (though nowadays they are not interested in games AT ALL...). It was such a joy. :D

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I was just talking about it with a friend of mine, she's been playing games ever since she was 3 or something :p

My first game must've been on a monochrome pc monitor, something like Space Invaders. I've also been playing those tiny LCD handheld games alot. In primary school I used to play Outrun a freaking lot and I was about as good as the headmaster :D

Back then I didn't even know it was called Outrun, to me it was a brilliant racegame. But only whenl I've played Shenmue 2 I found out it was the legendary Outrun I used to love :wub: I've been playing the game for hours this afternoon ^^

Only after that I bought got a NES because some friends had one.

Edit:
YAY :D
After about 14 years I finally managed to beat Outrun, I got ending D, so now I have to get the other ones. Back to the virtual arcades for me :p

· -PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
I don't remember the name, but it was a Karate game on the Commodore 64. One fighter wore a white dress and the other one a red dress. It looked great to me :p

Another one was some military game from the top down view, don't remember it.

· Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Mario Bros on NES :D

· Registered
6,829 Posts
my first ever was on atari 2600, i think it was pac-man. Not so sure cause I was 3 yo those times :) but my true debut in this world was with a Dynavision (http://www.etronics.com.br/detalhes.asp?codpro=75), looks like a hack of NES. I slightly remember of game like 1942 for NES and Mario Bros. After that, I've known Nintendo 64 (Mario 64 to be exactly) and started my passion for games. Here I am now!

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
Well unfortunately I'm not as old as you guys and my first game was Sonic 2 on the Genisis (called Megadrive here). I played it for months when I was about 7 but could never finish it... but I got there when I was 8. Then I started messing with the cheats like debug mode and at the time I knew all the cheat codes off by heart.

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Syed Fawad said:
I don't remember the name, but it was a Karate game on the Commodore 64. One fighter wore a white dress and the other one a red dress. It looked great to me :p

Way Of The Exploding Fist
International Karate
International Karate+ (The best one of the genre. great music on Amiga version)
Fist 2 - The Legend Continues (the adventuring game with fights done in karate way similar to above? best fricking game on old adventuring & fighting games. Music is also one of best ever produced for games)

Does these sound familiar?

A slight correction. SMB on NES wasnt first game i have ever played, i remember, but first game that i owned. First game i played was on my cousins old Amstrad machine (with green-scale monitor and all), named Nemesis. (older version of Gradius, or was it other way around?) On same machine i played sidescroller named Savage where i played a barbarian that threw axes, and a game where i controlled a guy from bird perspective and could collect things (never knew what to do in it though, i was so young) and turned to kind of werewolf on night (which looked more man-pig though. :lol: ). I cannot remember what was the name of that game unfortunately, i would REALLY like to play it again. :( And of course, on very same machine, LOVED BY EVERYONE: BOULDER DASH!!!! This game needs no explanations i figure. :p

· He's watching you.
1,222 Posts
1989, SMB, i got PWNED on the first hole. :p

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Syed Fawad said:

Karate Champ Maybe? Does this look familiar?

My first was Clowns...

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Syed Fawad said:

I guess i could post pics too of games i mentioned above, just in case pics tell more than names for Syed. First two are from Fist 2, one pic of IK+, one of International Karate, and last two of Way Of The Exploding Fist. Found them from Web with quick search.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.