Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first watched anime in 1993 (or was it 1994?). It was akira. Then shortly after I discovered v and DragonBall. There was another but I forgot the name of it.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
As I said in this thread, Cites of Gold when a kid, SF2 during my teens and my SF2 fanatisism, and DiGi-charat was the show which really started me on the road to being an Otaku

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
If Voltron and those other series are considered anime, then those cartoons were my first. What really got me hooked on anime though was DBZ (dubbed version, yeah I feel stupid now for liking it) and my first anime acquistion "through transfering methods " would have to be either Love Hina or Eva. Forgot which one it was. Good old real media format. UGH

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
hmm, I believe that transformers is considered anime, in that case it would be my first. Uh, after that I believe I caught DB on saturday mornings then later DBZ.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Watching the Fist of the North Star series on late night Channel 4 back in 1999/2000 arguably made me miss my Monday classes. Screw that though, FotNS pwnz j00. :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Transformers was my first, back when I was 7 or so.
The first "real" animes I ever watched were Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star on Adult Swim.

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
My first one was "Battle of the Planets" (amercanized version of Gatchaman), although at the time (1979-'80) I wasn't aware of the term "anime".
(for more details check Lord Kane's link).

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Samurai 7... this year. The only anime I waste my time with :p

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tenchi Universe or was it DBZ. Can't really remember. But i remember watching anime on KTEH on sundays before it ever became popular in the United States.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Jeeg Robot and GaiKing (1990)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Voltron! Man, when I was little that showed was the "cool" power rangers. heh, I actually had my parents buy me the toys when I was a kid, wow that was like....5th grade.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Valcrist said:
Voltron! Man, when I was little that showed was the "cool" power rangers. heh, I actually had my parents buy me the toys when I was a kid, wow that was like....5th grade.
and i'll form the head!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts