Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there that uses the gamepad: Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad from Thrustmaster?

I have it and it has a rumble (the shaking to make you believe there is more inter action between you and the game) and the rumble function does work in the configuration program of the gamepad. But it doesn't work in ePSXe, ahhhhhh.

I have a P3 450, TNT 2, and the games work allright. But in the gamepad options on ePSXe, it doesn't matter what I put in for rumble it doesn't work. Yes, the game I play supports rumble.

What do I do????

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Gzs!
Anyone out there that uses the gamepad: Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad from Thrustmaster?

I have it and it has a rumble (the shaking to make you believe there is more inter action between you and the game) and the rumble function does work in the configuration program of the gamepad. But it doesn't work in ePSXe, ahhhhhh.

I have a P3 450, TNT 2, and the games work allright. But in the gamepad options on ePSXe, it doesn't matter what I put in for rumble it doesn't work. Yes, the game I play supports rumble.

What do I do????
Update your thrustmaster taskbar utility from thrustmaster.. The newest version is 3.08.. This should also update your thrustmaster drivers.. The older drivers had problems.. You can also try reinstalling directx or update to directx8.1..

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
What game are you guys trying to play? Some psx game, even though they support rumble, don't rumble in epsxe.. Ie.. MGS.. Try different games and see if they rumble.. GT2, Tekken3, and FF9 rumbles for me..

Set controller type to 'analog\digital' and rumble to 'directx', big motor to 'constant' and small motor to 'sine'..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad and the rumble works fine for me (at least in Tekken 3, have not tested with others). I found that if, in the Gamepad settings (it must be controller 1 since ePSXe only supports rumble on the first pad) that the type of controller had to be set to Digital/Analog for the rumble to work. If it was set to digital only, there would be no rumble. Also I may be able to help with the analog sticks not working. It seems that you need to be in one mode on the gamepad (the button between the sticks) to use the analog, and the other mode for the D-pad. For me, the mode light on the pad needs to be on for using the D-pad and it needs to be off in order to use the analog sticks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the Thrustmaster Dual working a treat on all games (e.g. Spyro and CTR). See previous poster on Analog/Digital settings. I had to play with these to get 'em working. Rumble works fine when the pad is set to Analog/Digital (F5) and the two red lights are both lit on the Thrustmaster.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm getting a similar problem with the rumble on my Thrustmaster Dual powerpad as well. I *use* to get rumble on my pad when I had thrustmaster 2.33 setup. After I upgraded to 3.08, my rumble wouldn't work in epsxe anymore for some reason. I have tested my pad with other pc games (like need for speed 3) and the rumble just works fine in those games. But when I try to play games with the emulator, my pad no longer rumbles. Games that I've play before that has rumble that doesn't now include FF9 and chrono cross.
I have tried to reinstall the 3.08 drivers, the directx 8.1, 8.0, and even 7.0. And in each case, I have had direct x uninstall with dx eradicator before attempting the reinstall. I have tried all the mode settings and I have set big motor to const and smaller to sine. It refuses to work for some reason with 3.08 but it worked fine under 2.33. Oh yeah, I also tried uninstall 3.08 and then putting 2.33 back but my rumble still wouldn't work!

I don't understand this! What's wrong with it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.