Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually use my laptop for internet browsing and firefox is the default browser.
The problem is that my laptop has only 512MB of ram and while using firefox the memory usage goes upto 1.5GB or more and the system becomes very very slow. But when I close firefox the system becomes fast again. Is there a way to resolve the memory consumption problem of firefox? Please help
:(

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IDM CC
google toolbar
norton ips
phzilla (ph proxy) for rapidshare
tweak network

In the start firefox does not take much ram but the it goes to 200000k. right now its 156328k
and in the PF usage graph the memory goes from 350MB to 990MB upto 1.5GB.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
surf in firefox safe mode for abit, if the issue is gone, one of the addons is the problem.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Actually v3.5 stable is out :p But for some reason Help --> Update Firefox will still detect 3.0.11 as the latest. D/l is from somewhere else.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually v3.5 stable is out :p But for some reason Help --> Update Firefox will still detect 3.0.11 as the latest. D/l is from somewhere else.

I downloaded from the website directly and currently it doesn't seem to be giving any problem. I'll report after sometime since i just installed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.