Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was playing pokemon fire red on VBA link while going through i was using the in game saves only. well one time when i attempted to load my game it loaded me to the very first save i ever did? i know i was saving over the same file every time i was saving so, first of all i dont know how that file even exists anymore. but thats not my problem. my problem is that my current save file is there in the folder. however, i cannot get the game to let me load it. any ideas? i've tried to manually open the file while using vba to open but it says it doesnt support the file.

also, i had a problem while attempting to trade with a friend via the internet. we followed the instructions and linked quite easily. i'm behind a router and she is not. however when we went to actually trade, when i became the leader, she could not find my group. so we tried to switch it up and have her be the leader and select join a group. every time i selected this option i would get a chat bubble with only P in it and then the game locks up forcing me to have to reset the emulator. i tried this three different times just to make sure it wasnt a fluke but the samething happens every time. any advice on what is going on would be much appreciated :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you didn't load a save state did you? if so, your battery save is gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did but i had a save state that wasnt that far off so it wasn't a big deal. i just don't know why that happened. and i'm still in the dark about the trading issue. thanks for the help

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You won't have much luck linking on the net, its not fast enough to maintain sync.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we linked up just fine. we only encountered problems when we attempted to trade? or does it not try to sync until then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts