Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It runs fine. It'll play fine. Every-once in a while it'll just crash on me. From what I've seen it's random. It's happend 3 times each time I was in a differnt mission. If y'all have any fixes I'd be happy to know.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Nope, especially if it's random there's nothing you can really do about it, just save often and remember to either reload (not reset) the game or load another game first after every save so that you can be sure it's been written to the hard drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save soon and often.

I didn't know that reseting the same game might effect the game saves. Thanks for that.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, it's not that resetting affects them, it's rather that resetting does not affect them. The only time the save data is actually written to the hard drive is when you either reload the game or when you load another game or exit the emulator normally (I personally prefer reloading the game), if you merely reset then nothing will happen, the game crashes or gets ended abnormally you will lose all data up to the last save that was written to the hard drive. So if you say save and reload, then play for an hour but save every 10 minutes but either you reset the game or you don't do anything and then the emu crashes, then your progress will be reverted to that save from an hour ago when you reloaded the game after your save as the others were never written to the hard drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts