Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Upcoming Rookie
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it's the second best CPU I could have gotten, and the only one available I could have gotten for Retail.

It is a Pentium 4, Northwood, 533MHz FSB, 2.66GHz, 512KB L2 Cache. Not the best I could have gotten, but it definitely relives my computer.

The next I could have gotten was about the same, except it was 2.8 GHz. I couldn't find one that was retail (I want the stock fans, and the one from my older CPU was starting to break), so 2.66 doesn't make that much difference to me.

The thing was a pain to install. I was previously using it jumperfree, but I found that I had use jumpers for this CPU. It took me a while to figure out the right combination.

My motherboard is prett much maxed out; It can only use up to 1GB for either of 2 slots of memory at PC2700, which would be next upgrade. After that, I might upgarde my video gard, which can only be AGP, to maybe a cheap Geforce 6600GT or 6800GT.

After these upgrades, I'm not planning to upgrade my computer except for storage purposes.

I just wanted to mention this just to have a little chat a feedback.

I maybe planning to get this video card and set of memory.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.