Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But only for a short period of time.
I just managed to create an acc on the new open beta taiwan server-dont ask how, as i took 15min to do it...
The game is really great!
Now more than ever i want a oficial latin america server/realm here!!!

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would gladly pay the monthly fee, if the server is here in brazil or near, and i pay in R$ REAL, coz in U$ Dollar i have to multiply by 2.5!
So a 15 U$ fee cost me 37,5 R$! Not to mention the ping/lag thing...

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
i end up paying around $20CAD per month when im paying for it

I hated WoW, just wait till Halloween and buy City of Villains, I'm in the beta and it's really good. ragdoll physics, ninja henchmen and scantily clad women, what more do you need?
meh, city of villains from what i heard became incredibly boring quickly and i expect the same from its sequel

·
Registered
496 Posts
IMO the game is worth the $13 a month I pay (6 month at a time subscription). Also, a expansion pack is coming out soon, so I'll get that too.

As for City of Heroes/Villans... never got into it. It was sadly the first MMO game I bought, and got bored of within about 10 hours altogether. It's a repetitive fest of nothing but the same areas over and over. Don't get me wrong, the overall idea of the game is almost flawless, it just needs some major changes to keep my attention. The customazation of the characters is absolutely astounding as well. You can make just about any type of char you'd hope for, but the overall game just bored me to death.

·
He's watching you.
1,222 Posts
im in the beta too, downloading it right now.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Differant strokes for differant folkes I suppose, I thought WoW was the repetative bundle of nothing but CoH was the most fun game ever, then again when playing WoW there was no comunity for me, everyone around my level solo'd and it was just too boring for me to do that that I never did, CoH OTOH has teaming the whole way through and in fact I played the game from low level to the level cap with mostly the same people. massive fun for me.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Yeah, I like it a lot too. Especially after 1.8, since my 60 druid has basically turned into a god. :p I'm really looking forward to the future - if those two somewhat credible "screenshots" of blood elves are true and they're a playable horde race in the expansion, I'm totally quitting my alliance characters for good. Blood elves! :p

Only 9 days to go...

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a PSU burnt, ill take some time away from games...Maybe it was a message somewhat, as i wasnt taking much care of my real life.
Maybe when vacations come, ill get back to gaming...
Just deleted all my games, emus, the only two left are HL2/CS Source and AOE2, thats for my Bro....

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree. Blood elves would SO be a awesome race to be. I'd also like to see Illidan get put into the game somehow. There's so many things they could change in that game to make it better. For instance, weather effects. How does Ironforge stay so SNOWY? It NEVER snows... ANYWHERE. They could add a little snow effect to make it nicer. Overall weather effects would be great too instead of clear sky 24/7.

·
Moo.
455 Posts
WoW is... well, it's an MMORPG gamer's dream. It's just that... not everyone likes MMORPGs. Basically, what WoW did is refine the hunting and gathering system to a tee. Until things like world events (actually being able to change the game world), jobs that don't involve gathering, but instead are based on patience and time (let's say you could be a farmer or a tanner), and make the characters more customizable (being able to choose which faction for any character, for example an Alliance Gnome joining the Horde, as well as being able to actually modify the look of your character more for more individuality), the game doesn't have much chance to really be called revolutionary.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love WoW. I have a level 60 Mage on the Stormreaver server. Our guild does Molten Core runs every few days, as well as Onyxia. The game is, honestly, amazing. The best online game out to date, and it NEVER gets boring. Especially since they patch the game with new quests, items, and features every few months. It's great. :)

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Dart said:
WOW=DRAMA

leveling hard to 60 with friend then does high end instances(Molten Core/BWL) then you'll realize teh drama.........and people complains about gay ****s(read WOW forums).
That it is, which is why I avoid endgame instances (raid dungeons aren't fun and for the classes I've played don't give the sort of gear I'd want in general).

And the WoW forums are a joke. I know a couple trolls there who have been trolling since at least I started playing (December 6!). That's the sign of a clear breakdown in forum policy. At least you don't get to see most of those yahoos in the game itself or I would have quit after my first month was up. :p

·
He's watching you.
1,222 Posts
Well the COV beta is over, not a bad game if you ask me.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
The only people who cry over the monthly fee are the ones without a job. The fee is extremely small when you compare how much time you spent working to get that money (<2 hours) compared to how much most people get out of that monthly fee (>300 hours).

Stop being crybabies just because you're 14 or so and only get $10 a week.

Also for the people that are against buying gold online (I didn't when I was playing, but its worth it) here's some statistics for you too. Through average trading it can take you a month of non-stop play to accumulate a few hundred gold. Where as it will only take a few hours of your rl work to get the money to buy the online money. Some people say, "But you're paying for money that isn't real." WRONG! Its just as real because you spend hours doing stuff to try earn it. In your real job you do just the same thing. Only when you're doing it online its like you're doing it for 10c an hour in some factory in China.

Some people are ignorant and it drives me insane.

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,522 Posts
I really want to get back into this game(played for over 4 months solid), just can't seem to part with the $30 for a game card. I really think I want to play, but I'm not sure it would be as fun as it was at first. Maybe thats why I stopped in the first place.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Vanit said:
Also for the people that are against buying gold online (I didn't when I was playing, but its worth it) here's some statistics for you too. Through average trading it can take you a month of non-stop play to accumulate a few hundred gold. Where as it will only take a few hours of your rl work to get the money to buy the online money. Some people say, "But you're paying for money that isn't real." WRONG! Its just as real because you spend hours doing stuff to try earn it. In your real job you do just the same thing. Only when you're doing it online its like you're doing it for 10c an hour in some factory in China.
Well, there are a few minor problems with your logic. One, Blizzard specifically states you aren't allowed to sell their property. Ingame currency is definitely their property. Two, money is RIDICULOUSLY easy to come by in the game. Sure, it's faster to just grab the money through buying it with actual money (cough), but on to point three. Three, the influx of that much money causes tremendous inflation. Seriously, just take a look at any given high level epic. Four, you're supporting the sleazebags who own these operations and have their farmers work under harsh conditions. Five, you take out any sort of achievement for whatever you use that money for (getting an epic mount after weeks of work really makes that speed increase seem so worthwhile. If you throw down $50 or whatever for the gold to get it, all you did was waste $50). Six, the people who buy better gear and whatnot with ill-gotten gold more often than not have not built up the skills necessary to make effective use of them and thus end up being a detriment for any party. Seven, if Blizzard catches you, you're going to lose your account.

So yeah. It's just like using a speedhack or something, only you're paying someone to do it. While I have no problems with cheating offline (you can only affect yourself), online is another story entirely.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
You're right, if everyone did it the economy would be destroyed (like what happened with the duping exploit a few months back) and you're also right about gold farmers. But coming back to the comparison of time, the monthly fee isn't unreasonable (and I know you didn't argue against this point).

I actually have 2 little brothers who buy gold by the million in runescape (an example of an utterly destroyed economy because of Jagex's neglegance, though its in their best interest to open every player stupid enough to play the game with open arms). I have to agree with you, its unfair that my newbie 8+10 year old brothers can get the high level armor by merely going to eBay.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.