Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will finally get my so awayted upgrade :)
Im gonna get:

mobo Asus A7V266-E
AMD Athlon XP 1500+
256 DDR
20 Gig 7200 HD (i already have a 10G HD so ill have 30G :) )

I still have my Riva TNT2 ultra 32MB, but im danm happy with this :) do u think i can play PSX gamez on ePSXe at constant 60FPS? what about Max Payne at max details (that one i doubt, but oh well ;) )

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait till friday :evil:

btw, i screwed my right wrist. u cant imagine how sucky is to type with only one had. ah, skrew that too :D

I will finally get my so awayted upgrade :)
Im gonna get:

mobo Asus A7V266-E
AMD Athlon XP 1500+
256 DDR
20 Gig 7200 HD (i already have a 10G HD so ill have 30G :) )

I still have my Riva TNT2 ultra 32MB, but im danm happy with this :) do u think i can play PSX gamez on ePSXe at constant 60FPS? what about Max Payne at max details (that one i doubt, but oh well ;) )

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait till friday :evil:

happy happy joy joy
happy happy joy
happy happy joy joy joy!!!!!!!

ATHLON XP POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

argh, i got 5 gig to backup on 700mb cdr =\ ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeh Yeh rub it in for all us with cruddy comps :p

j/k

Pretty nice setup, you'll definately do fine with PSX emulation, Max Payne will probably be okay at high details... I'm pretty sure that it is a largely CPU dependent game. Still make sure your next upgrade starts with the letters Ge :)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
yup thats a killer rigs althought you might wanna buy a gf2 mx so you can set high detail in max payne w/out gfx lag if you dont have a budget

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Whoever
Yeh Yeh rub it in for all us with cruddy comps :p

j/k

Pretty nice setup, you'll definately do fine with PSX emulation, Max Payne will probably be okay at high details... I'm pretty sure that it is a largely CPU dependent game. Still make sure your next upgrade starts with the letters Ge :)
and end with 3 :evil:

FireGL, from now on i'll have a preety tight budget ;) about for the next 6 months ;) but the "3" will eventually come :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
So Neojag... what were you doing when you "screwed" your right wrist? *cough cough*

Congrats on the upgrade, but mine's better ;)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> I still have my Riva TNT2 ultra 32MB, but im danm happy with this do u think i can play PSX gamez on ePSXe at constant 60FPS?

I do with a fairly similar PC (with of course some exceptions for games that just run slower than they should because of emulation problems)...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just about 90 mins ago we ordered a new system for me, Athlon XP 1700+ w/ 512mb ram and trying to get a GeForce2 GTS.. although they only had ATI Radeons in stock (and no 8500's at that!). In all it'll cost about $1,100 US (just the tower).. dont know when the parts will come in, but its not gonna be fun waiting around for them.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'm probably going to have to update my belfast pc soon. I've been putting it off 'cos a really like that old full tower AT case that I pulled from a skip.;)

S

·
0 Posts
I have a p3 800 with gf2 mx...
so far it managed to keep up ;)
I hope it will stay that way for a while, can't afford upgrading yet again ;)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Congratulations on your upgrade, Neojag.

*sigh* I wish I had money to upgrade now, too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
I have a p3 800 with gf2 mx...
so far it managed to keep up ;)
I hope it will stay that way for a while, can't afford upgrading yet again ;)
I gots a tbird [email protected]~900 and a GF2MX o\c'd ( cant remember the values), 128 PC133(gonna get another gig tho ) and max playes quite good at max detail.

*stoned*

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
congratulations neojag!!!

well.... I got my office's PC, which is a wimpy PC (only on-board devices and the classical wimp: HSP56 Micromodem :spy: )

the ironical part is that I sell computers, and I'm surrounded by Geforce cards, but I can't use them (they are for sale after all....)

it's like being in the sea..... a lot of water but any to drink

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by takmadeus
congratulations neojag!!!

well.... I got my office's PC, which is a wimpy PC (only on-board devices and the classical wimp: HSP56 Micromodem :spy: )

the ironical part is that I sell computers, and I'm surrounded by Geforce cards, but I can't use them (they are for sale after all....)

it's like being in the sea..... a lot of water but any to drink
Steal them. Thats what id do.

*stoned*

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
actually, it is because I sell them....

if the providers catch me doin' that, I would be.... (refer to the sacred inquisition in the 15th century spain)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hmm,so Neojag got an upgrade.Congrats mate.Nice to know.Have fun.:)
I hope I upgrade very very soon coz my current specs are really really bad.:(

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Originally posted by Asfaloth
So Neojag... what were you doing when you "screwed" your right wrist? *cough cough*

Congrats on the upgrade, but mine's better ;)
i was having a gymnastinc class u sick weirdo :p j/k j/k (about the sick weirdo, not the other thing :p )

thkx all, wish me luck! some one will have to rip me of the computer now :D

hairybudda, u seem to be constantly stoned :eek:

prafull - i bet my current specs suck more than yours ;)

PS - like my Xmas avatar :D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well neojag the new PC will rock your ass.......I mean rock epsxe and maxpayne both.....!SEE MY DAMN SPECS!:shout: :shout: ....hehe.........!

Ali

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Merry Christmas Neo! ;)

BTW Classes just finished yesturday. I'm now off til Feburary :evil:

Unfortunately I have exams and assignments to prep for :(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts