Next Generation Emulation banner

Final hep please on FF9 getting bin file back onto CD

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Adair 
#1 ·
Well after all the excellent help here I got 4 patched working PAL bin files of FF9. But they are all well over a standard 640 meg CD in size. I used CDRwin to remake them into iso files but they were still too big to put on CD. How do you do this final stage? I know I can play them with Epsxe on the HD but I'd still like to re put them onto working CDs

#2 ·
How much bigger?

You may be able to overburn to a standard cd, if its not too much more.

or,

You can go out and buy 700 meg cd's they are no more expensive than standard 650 cd's and any burner can use them.

also,

Some ISO files take up more hard disk space than they will on an actual cd. so check your original cd's for size. if they were originaly 650 or smaller they will go back onto a 650 meg cd.

unless ff9 is special, I dont have it myself get sick of hearing about it, anyone would think its the only game made for Playstation ( I just know Ill get absoloutly flayed for that remark!!):rolleyes:

Jugular

#4 · (Edited)
So...do you use the .cue file....or does the patch render the .cue file useless? Thus making you just copy the ISO as it is.

I'm just curious.

And you can blame Square for FF9. If they had released a PC version of the game. You wouldn't be seeing all these FF9 posts :D. I'm pretty sure that ePSXe would have been 2/3 less, popular, if they did port it.

#5 ·
I've done it thanks

Just a learning curve when you are new. The size is irelevant. The bin file is reburnt using the cue file and the first box in CDRwin. Worked fine and I now have abfull working version. Seems to run great. Thanks again for all the help

#7 ·
Originally posted by Adair
No, no , no!
Trust me, no matter how big windows says your ISO is, it will always fit onto a regular 650Mb CDR.
I've done it many times with no problems what so ever with ISOs that are 700+ Mb.
its very hard to believe but are you sure about this? my ISO is 800 MB !!!! (789MB ff9 CD1) i don't know if its possible to burn on to CD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.