Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first time posting, as I have always found a solution to problems I get from other threads, but I couldn't find a solution for a problem I have.

Here's my problem: On FFVIII disk 1, i'm at beginning, where Squall, Zell, and Seifer just got off a ship, and I have to secure this city that's attacked. Seifer runs out of the screen to the left. Zell is following me. I run to where Seifer went. Its suppose to turn black and then back to normal in a different area, but it jus turns black and doesn't do anything. I can still hear the music though...

What I'm using:
-the latest PSX emulator
-FFVIII is on a real playstation disc
-Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.75 with 'nice' configurations
- ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 for sound
-CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 for CD
-my bio is bios\SCPH1000.BIN

I'm using a Windows XP (home) with 512 RAM, 2.02 ghz, and pentium 4

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
try either making an ISO, or using Peops CDR plugin. what is your graphics card? im gonna guess Intel "extreme", so keep the D3D plugin if that's the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm...

I have Intel (R).. I'll download Peops CDR plugin. I'll reply the results once i downloaded it.

BTW, how do i make an ISO of it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... it doesn't work at all with Peops CDR plugin. Or maybe i'm adjusting the wrong settings for it? Probably jus doesn't work. I've also repeated the same part (loaded the game from my last save and played it), but that doesn't work either. :hdbash: I know its definitely not the disk problem. >.< :cuss2:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
probably not using the right settings. choose IOCTL mode, and put a PSX disc in and have it auto detect your mode. also, choose Thread Read mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, now the CD runs, but my cursed problem still isn't fixed :hdbash: lemme describe it more detailedly (if thats a word :p). Ok, the FMV of the ships just finished, and the ship opens, and out comes Seifer, Squall, Nell, and Quistis. Quistis stands near the ship and says something ilke "secure the central square" Everyone turns, and Seifer says "Lets move out" and he walks outta the screen.
After this, I get control over Squall, however, its kind of .. laggy, it moves slower then the usual game speed. When i try to exit the screen like Seifer did, it fades slower than usual too, and it pretty much stops when it turns black and the music still plays.

BTW hushypushy, how do i make an ISO of it?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
you can make iso with Clone CD, Iso buster. Alcohole 120 % :)
with clone cd it's one of the easiest method :) you should get if when you start that program :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
i think i could put this as a signature, that many times a day i say it, but it's always good to try this: are you using ePSXe 1.6.0? What happens if you try it on 1.5.2? FF games have some issues when played on 1.6.0, try the previous version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts