Next Generation Emulation banner

Final Fantisy Fans

6K views 94 replies 46 participants last post by  Modem1 
#1 ·
How many Final Fantizy fans do we have here? Count me in. Been a fan for about 13 years now (not very long). FF6 was my favorite, what's yours? :D

#2 ·
This one should be in game discussion IMHO.

Anyhow, I'm a fan of the series :) I really like FF7, it was my first FF as well, and my first 3d RPG.

FF9 was real great as well!
FF8 I enjoyed and the FMV's are beautiful, and it has got the cutest FF babe: Rinoa (though Dagger is nice as well :)) Too bad it uses the Draw system.

FF5 has great gameplay, I love the Job system! And it's story was okay as well.

#5 ·
I didn't like FF6, I can't get through it when I start a new game... Though the first time I did like it.

Also I never played FF1 or FF2. And mystic quest just sux compared to the others.

#7 ·
like most people I think ff7 was my fiirst FF game while Zelda link to the past was my first RPG

I loved FF7 like a baby and thought 8 was good but not AS good (partially cos of the stupid monster leveling system) and I liked 9 exept for the main character (a tit sadly) and the fact the "good" party (IMO Zidane Garnet Vivi and Steiner) were always getting seperated and you would have to use that stupid useless quinna thing.10 was god damn awful -Tidus was an even bigger tit than zidane AND had a stupid anoying voice like everyone else in that game not to mention the bloody crap story and worse bad guy ever (am I the only guy that thought Seymore was completely gay sounding and looking and with a name like seymore even sephiroth would have been about as threatening as an angry moogle) 10-2 was worse for simmilar reasons

**SPOILERS**

on a side note what was the deal with the ending to FFVIII as I remember it the sorceress wanted to compress time so that she could rule etrnity or something and the team thought that compressed time would suck so they had to stop her. But OH NO she lives in the future whatever shall we do " .....here's an idea, lets compress time then we can face her"

I could be remembering this wrong but thats how I remember it - did it happen like that or is my memeory failing

#11 ·
Count me in as a FF fan, well my first final fantasy was mystic quest for GB wich i loved at the time, then came along FF7 yea no RPG will ever surpass it, FF8 was good especially the GF leveling system, FF9 was OK and i never got around playing FFX since i don't have a PS2 and Emus don't run it.

#13 ·
I'm a REAL FF fan! I've beat every FF game until FF10 (yeah, even FF3, the nes8bit one). Its hard to say wich one is my fav. FF6 has the best story, but FF7 has better chars. The one with the best battle system is FF8. I also loved FF5 'cause of the job system.
Anyway, the only one I didn't liked very much was FF9. Its doesn't sux, but its not great either...

#15 ·
I've played Final Fantasy from 3 to X-2 and most likely would add 12 to the list, skipping 11 in all its entirety.

#22 ·
Kaiser Sigma said:
I used to like the FF series, then Square overdid it and I got sick of it... guess that makes me the first anti-FF person... :heh:
Well, Square really ruined FF. It seems they don't know how to make money without using the Final Fantasy name. Of course I still love Final Fantasy, but don't expect me to say "huh, I hope FF12 comes soon". I just don't really care about the new FFs.

#23 ·
Kaiser Sigma said:
I used to like the FF series, then Square overdid it and I got sick of it... guess that makes me the first anti-FF person... :heh:
depends on what you mean by "anti-ff"...i don't like FF7-FFX because square didn't add any major improvements to the battle system that made me feel like i was playing a different game. I didn't care for any of the stories, and while the first 3d FF game i played was addicting (FF8) i couldn't get into any other FF games after playing with that battle system for so long.

#24 ·
first one i played was ff1, right at the beginning. i was a fan ever since and played all of them from 1 to ix. sadly i am ps2less so i cant play any more. viii was far and above my favorite, fmv's were beautiful, i liked the characters and the story, and heck, i just plain loved the game.

#26 ·
Somewhat fan of the FF series. Somewhat meaning I like 'em but there are other series that I enjoy as much or more (BOF and Wild Arms series come to mind). My favorite FF?? FF 1 on the venerable old 8 bit Nintendo and FF 1 on the PSX (FF origins).
sx/amiga

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.