Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically:

- The game will not feature Japanese voices with English subtitles because that would be "unfair" since the 360 version will not have that.

- Due to space constraints of DVD, they can't let the player explore all areas and side quests at all time on the 360. It was planned for PS3, but since they want to make the experience fair, you can guess how it's going to be.

Source

Okay...? :(

Yeah, I know, it wasn't annoying that you can't do a certain side quest on disc 4. Not at all...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Look at this this way: now SE has no excuses for bad voice acting since we can't switch languages. (and even then, there's no guarantee that the Japanese voice actors would be any good)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
The sourced site seems to be a breeding ground of sorts where PS3 fanboys can meet up with 360 haters so they can make little PS3-tards. I wouldn't use that site for any information. They seem focused on blaming the 360 for anything and everything that may potentially be "wrong" with FFXIII at release instead of SE themselves for their stupid decisions.

I really should become a licensed psychic: I foresee legions of PS3 fanboys blaming the 360 for all of FFXIII's problems instead of SE in reviews and online in forums. *cough*

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Unlike many of these articles, which look at the delay of PS3 version of the game due to the 360 or the difference in graphics since the Xbox 360 version of the game, this article looks at one specific limitation of the Xbox 360 which has affected the gameplay of the PS3 version, the multiple discs issue.
He specifically mentions here that it is because they want to keep the game the same on both platforms, is that the Xbox 360 version not affecting the PS3 version?
The second way the Xbox 360 will affect the gameplay of the PS3 version of the game, is the pacing.
...That's not really how I read it. The article's author is fanning the flames, saying that it's the 360 affecting PS3 gameplay, not SE. On that subject, Kitase, in his interview, seems to be using the 360 issues as a crutch for why this game is going to fall short in some aspects.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
so **** the 360 version and just dumb it down like they do to other cross platform titles.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Specifically:

- The game will not feature Japanese voices with English subtitles because that would be "unfair" since the 360 version will not have that.
Oh no. Now how will the weeaboos claim superior fanaticism of all things japanese?

I can barely tolerate people who insist on watching subbed movies when they don't even understand japanese because "so much gets lost in english". I want to smack these people because knowing something's missing requires one to be COMPLETELY FLUENT IN THE NATIVE LANGUAGE. Otherwise the nuances get missed and then your fanboy excuse goes out the window.

When people insist on a subbed video game, though, when a perfectly good english version exists, this gets under my skin like mad.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
“The team is targeting to create an equal experience on both the 360 and the PS3, so there are no limitations. For example, right now we’re working on the PS3 version first, and once we’ve completed that we’ll really know how much game there will be to fit onto the Xbox 360 discs,”
Sounds pretty logical to me. I don't see how that's hindering anything.

- Due to space constraints of DVD, they can't let the player explore all areas and side quests at all time on the 360. It was planned for PS3, but since they want to make the experience fair, you can guess how it's going to be.
Not what he said. Even though SE hasn't been to fond of the ps3 from what I've seen so far..

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Can't go wrong with the classics. Chrono Trigger is giving me the itch, so I'll probably give it another playthrough soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my PS3, I love my Xbox360. Regardless of the superior nature of the blu-ray disc, they could always put the game on 10 discs for the Xbox360 users. Look at other FF games, such as 7, 4 Discs, and loading areas. Sure it sucked to swap discs. But id rather swap discs than get a sub-par game, or a stipped game.

1,834 Posts
I love my PS3, I love my Xbox360. Regardless of the superior nature of the blu-ray disc, they could always put the game on 10 discs for the Xbox360 users. Look at other FF games, such as 7, 4 Discs, and loading areas. Sure it sucked to swap discs. But id rather swap discs than get a sub-par game, or a stipped game.
4 huh? I always thought ff7 had 3 discs... i guess my copy came incomplete :( oh wait... never mind :lol:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.