Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
I have a question. Will the game run any higher than at 720p @ 30 fps? Because if not, I see a great reason for it to be released for PC too... But that's me :p

· ...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
I think you're forgetting all the ps3 multimedia capabilities and the bluray player?
You mean the same things I can do on my old ass PC and the movie medium which I can't take advantage of (and wouldn't notice the difference anyways) since I have old TVs? Yeah... I can fight the urge.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I wonder if people have gone soft, I remember Shenmue and Shenmue 2 taking up ~6 CDs each on the Dreamcast, and nobody was complaining.
3 for the first, plus one Passport disc, 4 for the second, completely stuffed with gameplay and no FMVs. On PS2 they probably could've put it on CD after having to downscale the textures to their native quality :p

As long as you don't have to switch discs when going back to an earlier area there's absolutely no problem with disc swapping. I honestly don't see the problem people make out of it if after 5 to 10 hours you have to switch it. Next time you start up the game with the second or third disc in it already and you won't notice anything anyway.

Time to watch some of the videos.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
!

The price for the PS3 isn't so bad. People forget it's more then just a gaming console.

I mean, hell, it can even crunch [email protected] now :p
But for those who want to just play the friggin' games it has, that is quite a price tag. :p Buying a $400 console "just to play game" is silly imo. :rolleyes: You said it could do more, so... unless someone does more, it's wasteful, and $250 for Wii or $300 for 360 still seem like a better deal to most.

Heck, in this case, the average FF fan would just go for the 360. :p

I have a question. Will the game run any higher than at 720p @ 30 fps? Because if not, I see a great reason for it to be released for PC too... But that's me :p
Nope. Not higher as that seems to be the cap. And that's actually less reason for it to be on the PC. They can't even get it right on its native platform: PS3. There's no reason they can get it right on a platform they didn't even have in their mind from the very beginning.

...and why do people keep wanting it for PC, I wonder. :p If you're that pressed for the game, a used 360 can go for as low as $150 on eBay!

I would, instead, argue the features that are included with the PS3 that 360 charges for. I may have spent more initially on my console but, after a year, I can guarantee that a 360 user will have spent more. The Live subscription alone will jack the cost up.
Well... you don't need Live to play the 360. You don't even need to subscribe to it to play online. You just need to pay if you still want to have friends, group up and the likes. But I admit... when you have friends, not subscribing to Live is a silly idea, and subscribing to Live is like signing your own bankrupt declaration. :p

In my opinions, Sony can easily do a $299.99 or even $249.99 slim PS3 in the near future. Why they are not doing it... is just simple: they don't want it to compete too harshly with Blu-Ray players. Now that Blu-Ray came out as the more supported format, they want to leech off of the players as much as possible before making them mainstream enough to replace DVD.

However, the economical recession is something those dimwits in the market research and analysis department should have taken into account...

I´m sorry for asking such a dumb queastion but.. i´m a bit confused right now! :-S Is there goint to be to versions of FF XIII?? One with the Cloud Strifealike guy and then a version with the red haired girl??
oO

Okay... actually, there are three Final Fantasy XIII, all in the same Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII collection. And yeah, Final Fantasy XIII is a collection of games now, not a single game.

That said, there might be more than one game coming... but for now, we have:

Final Fantasy XIII (main character: Lightning)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (main character: Noctis Lucis Caelum <= silly name imo...)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (many characters as the main character, I believe)

FFXIII will be released for PS3 and 360, FFvXIII will be PS3 exclusive, and FFaXIII will be PSP exclusive.

In my opinions, they had a bunch of ideas for what Final Fantasy XIII could be, and they approved of all of it but they didn't want to call them separate games... so in the end, FFXIII became a collection. For those who have been following the FF series up to XII, this would be quite a drastic change, and I doubt many even know about the existence of FFaXIII.

· Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
runawayprisoner said:
But for those who want to just play the friggin' games it has, that is quite a price tag. Buying a $400 console "just to play game" is silly imo. You said it could do more, so... unless someone does more, it's wasteful, and $250 for Wii or $300 for 360 still seem like a better deal to most.

Heck, in this case, the average FF fan would just go for the 360.
I dunno about that. The average FF fan probably already has a PS3 ever since FFXIII was announced :lol: I chose the PS3 well before the 360 because of the library of games that was planned for it.

Lets face it. The only reason FFXIII is coming to the 360 is because of M$.

· Registered
179 Posts
@rap
So it's gonna be capped at that? That sucks... They're making fun of themselves, they even said it was using all the power of the PS3, and that the engine was being developed to run the game flawlessly... Didn't they? Maybe I missread.

So yeah, if the PS3 can't run it at a higher resolution at 60fps, I guess a PC version is asking for something worst than GTA4.

And I don't know if I should buy a 360, I was hoping for a PC version so I wouldn't be "forced" to buy a console for it. And I think I won't be doing it, I'll better buy a PSP for dot hack//link or something :p.

· band
5,270 Posts
It depends on what you mean by 'run'.

The game will be rendered natively at 720p, 30 fps. Currently, the demo has a few dips in framerate that the developers say will be fixed in the final verison.

The game does output at 1080p through upscaling. Results from someone at Beyond3D have been promising. To some people, it looks almost like native 1080p with 4x AA. In the end though, it was determined that it was still just upscaled 720p. There was no marked difference in framerate between 720p output and 1080p output.

That said, if you're a fan of the CG movies in Final Fantasy, you will probably enjoy the game, because the CG will be at 1080p native.

In the end, I think you'll definitely enjoy the game on PS3 if you want to play at 1080p.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
I dunno about that. The average FF fan probably already has a PS3 ever since FFXIII was announced :lol: I chose the PS3 well before the 360 because of the library of games that was planned for it.

Lets face it. The only reason FFXIII is coming to the 360 is because of M$.
I know. But ever since M$ did that, they'd gained back that support from FF fans. :p That aside, Star Ocean 4 and a couple of other titles don't say anything? I know they do.

@rap
So it's gonna be capped at that? That sucks... They're making fun of themselves, they even said it was using all the power of the PS3, and that the engine was being developed to run the game flawlessly... Didn't they? Maybe I missread.

So yeah, if the PS3 can't run it at a higher resolution at 60fps, I guess a PC version is asking for something worst than GTA4.

And I don't know if I should buy a 360, I was hoping for a PC version so I wouldn't be "forced" to buy a console for it. And I think I won't be doing it, I'll better buy a PSP for dot hack//link or something :p.
You have been forced to buy a console ever since FF8. Just that you had emulators to make up for that absence, but not so much anymore.

And 720p at 30fps would be good if it's the real native resolution. But learning from past games, that might not be the case. :p

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.