Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Chrono Trigger style battle system much? :p Looks to me like that's the case.

Graphics are... well, good, I guess. Almost on par with Metal Gear Solid 4 but... 720p and 30fps still puts MGS4 ahead of this game in terms of graphical prowess. At least I can see the efforts here, so... maybe I won't nag them as much anymore. Just maybe...

Load time doesn't seem annoying... and that's one thing I can say MGS4 has been beaten at.

Overall... well, would be more impressive if I could play it. They should have released the demo on the PSN. Or maybe the demo is that large in size. :p (the largest demo on PSN thus far is like 2GB+... how large is this FFXIII demo?...)

Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out is how the 360 is going to handle this game (size-wise). Maybe 2-3 dual-layer DVDs?

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
She has White/Pink hair :\
"Soft" pink hair. :p But Cloud was in a drag so... yeaaahhhh... there are more similarities there...

And the way she jumped off the wall is so Tifa-ish. In my opinions, Lightning is like a fusion of Cloud and Tifa...

I'm mildly annoyed that they buckled under fanboy pressure and brought the battle screen back. The battle screen is a remnant from a time when they didn't have the technology to properly do the fights on the world map. We're way beyond those limitations, now, and there's no reason to keep doing the stupid battle screen anymore. Hell, Chrono Trigger didn't even need the separate battle screen.
Chrono Trigger didn't even have a victory screen. It was a seemless game experience from start to finish. I mean... the battle menu just pops up, you fight, you win, battle menu goes away. Characters get back to their own spaces. If that is not amazing, I don't know what is. And that's not counting the special effects of spells and everything. Even if the battle system obviously yells "combat is not important", Chrono Trigger was the first RPG I ever played where I did not feel bored battling. The game was a work of art...

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Nah, that wasn't a video capture program. He was streaming it on the internet live a couple of times. Then some good soul "captured" the live stream on Youtube and posted it. :lol:

But I know... that sparked another wave of "Yay! FFXIII fo PeeSee!" :lol:

Gee... seriously, though, I think either Sony reduce the price of their console more, or S-E sacrifice themselves and do a PC port to get this over with. The prior seems like a choice that would severely impact the gaming industry.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
!

The price for the PS3 isn't so bad. People forget it's more then just a gaming console.

I mean, hell, it can even crunch [email protected] now :p
But for those who want to just play the friggin' games it has, that is quite a price tag. :p Buying a $400 console "just to play game" is silly imo. :rolleyes: You said it could do more, so... unless someone does more, it's wasteful, and $250 for Wii or $300 for 360 still seem like a better deal to most.

Heck, in this case, the average FF fan would just go for the 360. :p

I have a question. Will the game run any higher than at 720p @ 30 fps? Because if not, I see a great reason for it to be released for PC too... But that's me :p
Nope. Not higher as that seems to be the cap. And that's actually less reason for it to be on the PC. They can't even get it right on its native platform: PS3. There's no reason they can get it right on a platform they didn't even have in their mind from the very beginning.

...and why do people keep wanting it for PC, I wonder. :p If you're that pressed for the game, a used 360 can go for as low as $150 on eBay!

I would, instead, argue the features that are included with the PS3 that 360 charges for. I may have spent more initially on my console but, after a year, I can guarantee that a 360 user will have spent more. The Live subscription alone will jack the cost up.
Well... you don't need Live to play the 360. You don't even need to subscribe to it to play online. You just need to pay if you still want to have friends, group up and the likes. But I admit... when you have friends, not subscribing to Live is a silly idea, and subscribing to Live is like signing your own bankrupt declaration. :p

In my opinions, Sony can easily do a $299.99 or even $249.99 slim PS3 in the near future. Why they are not doing it... is just simple: they don't want it to compete too harshly with Blu-Ray players. Now that Blu-Ray came out as the more supported format, they want to leech off of the players as much as possible before making them mainstream enough to replace DVD.

However, the economical recession is something those dimwits in the market research and analysis department should have taken into account...

I´m sorry for asking such a dumb queastion but.. i´m a bit confused right now! :-S Is there goint to be to versions of FF XIII?? One with the Cloud Strifealike guy and then a version with the red haired girl??
oO

Okay... actually, there are three Final Fantasy XIII, all in the same Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII collection. And yeah, Final Fantasy XIII is a collection of games now, not a single game.

That said, there might be more than one game coming... but for now, we have:

Final Fantasy XIII (main character: Lightning)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (main character: Noctis Lucis Caelum <= silly name imo...)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (many characters as the main character, I believe)

FFXIII will be released for PS3 and 360, FFvXIII will be PS3 exclusive, and FFaXIII will be PSP exclusive.

In my opinions, they had a bunch of ideas for what Final Fantasy XIII could be, and they approved of all of it but they didn't want to call them separate games... so in the end, FFXIII became a collection. For those who have been following the FF series up to XII, this would be quite a drastic change, and I doubt many even know about the existence of FFaXIII.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
I dunno about that. The average FF fan probably already has a PS3 ever since FFXIII was announced :lol: I chose the PS3 well before the 360 because of the library of games that was planned for it.

Lets face it. The only reason FFXIII is coming to the 360 is because of M$.
I know. But ever since M$ did that, they'd gained back that support from FF fans. :p That aside, Star Ocean 4 and a couple of other titles don't say anything? I know they do.

@rap
So it's gonna be capped at that? That sucks... They're making fun of themselves, they even said it was using all the power of the PS3, and that the engine was being developed to run the game flawlessly... Didn't they? Maybe I missread.

So yeah, if the PS3 can't run it at a higher resolution at 60fps, I guess a PC version is asking for something worst than GTA4.

And I don't know if I should buy a 360, I was hoping for a PC version so I wouldn't be "forced" to buy a console for it. And I think I won't be doing it, I'll better buy a PSP for dot hack//link or something :p.
You have been forced to buy a console ever since FF8. Just that you had emulators to make up for that absence, but not so much anymore.

And 720p at 30fps would be good if it's the real native resolution. But learning from past games, that might not be the case. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.