Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know that the Final Fantasy XII website has been open for some time now. They updated the trailers since the last time I checked and if you select the right [CLICK] box for the first trailers it has english subs.

It looks awesome! and that CG is just incredible :thumb:. It would be nice if Square would let us pick jap w/subs unlike FFX were we had no choice but to listen to Tidus, just sounds better in japanese.

I'll be sure to pre-order this at least 4 months before it's release cause it's going to be crazy here :eyemove:

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Should be no problem here... It seems that people in _my town_ are more interested in games like NFSU2 or Burnout3 than some Japanese RPG...

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I started FFX-2 two days ago, had it for one whole year :p, but never played it.
Maybe it was the starting vid of Yuna, turning into some Britney Spears Wannabe.

Anyways, the looks of FF12 are pretty damn good.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Kiroshi said:
It looks awesome! and that CG is just incredible :thumb:. It would be nice if Square would let us pick jap w/subs unlike FFX were we had no choice but to listen to Tidus, just sounds better in japanese.
it always sounds better in oryginal voice version :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ali said:
I started FFX-2 two days ago, had it for one whole year :p, but never played it.
Maybe it was the starting vid of Yuna, turning into some Britney Spears Wannabe.

Anyways, the looks of FF12 are pretty damn good.
I like to pretend that FFX-2 dosnt exist, It's my least favorite of any FF game. I dont care about Yuna or Riku or that butch chick and I definitly dont give a flying' **** where tidus vanished to.

So let's just pretend that it didnt happen :heh:

Anywho FFXII's style looks awesome, a little more futuristic than FFX. The trailer says 2 years after FFX, so I wonder if sin is dead or not cause he cant really be destroyed in the first place.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
FFXII is not in the same world as FFX. It's in the same world as FFTactics Advance, and possibly FFTactics (I can't remember clearly), Ivalice. The character designs are also done by the same guy that did the Vagrant Story ones (IIRC). Also I recall them saying htere will be less FMV in this one.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
The mechanics they show in the Final fantasy Games are somewhat very .....errrr....can't think of a better word.....say...interesting (old tools put together by a new generation brain), and I hope they would stick to the same kind.

·
Registered
330 Posts
F-3582 said:
Should be no problem here... It seems that people in _my town_ are more interested in games like NFSU2 or Burnout3 than some Japanese RPG...
Yeah, I'm getting sick of the NFSU2 and MOH game hype that's causing mass hysteria. They're missing all the damn good games along the way. :mad:

Kane-Sama said:
Also I recall them saying htere will be less FMV in this one.
That would be a real pity. I thought the FMV scenes were superb! :(

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
too be honest FMV is one big initiative to progress through the whole game.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Fmv was one of the things that got me interest was a plus in FF game but its not very important. As long as they have fmv ending everything will be fine. I remember playing FFX and there graphics were good enough that i didnt need to see fmv at all.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Kiroshi said:
It would be nice if Square would let us pick jap w/subs unlike FFX were we had no choice but to listen to Tidus, just sounds better in japanese.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason they didn't havbe an option for japanese voices in FFX was because there wasn't enough room left on the disc for two sets of voice acting. Since FF games tend to use the whole disc and then some, I think the chances are slim of japanese voices in the english version of the game.

I dunno, I'm a bit sceptical about this game after how FFX dissapointed me. (Well, it's not that it totally sucked, I was just expecting more.) It seems that these days Square is more concerned with putting as many half-naked girls as possible in their games than making them fun to play. If they just get the battle system right this time then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
They could've make it in two discs, but FFX was kind a crappy anyway, the voices were only one of the downsides...

Crap! those trailers won't work on this s**t hole I'm on...

G

·
F-3582 said:
invite those guys over here, will you ;)

permethium said:
Yeah, I'm getting sick of the NFSU2 and MOH game hype that's causing mass hysteria. They're missing all the damn good games along the way. :mad:
and it isn't FF mass-hysteria over here? gimme a break....

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
permethium said:
Yeah, I'm getting sick of the NFSU2 and MOH game hype that's causing mass hysteria. They're missing all the damn good games along the way. :mad: (
As I read your post I couldn't help but wonder in wich bloody alternate dimension do you live!? :rotflmao:

This board... no the whole western gaming world (with noticeable exceptions) suffer mass hysteria in regards to console RPGs (with a high degree when it comes to Square Enix) disregarding any other genre under the banter that they don't feature good graphics, plot, and a lot more of topics worthy of any RPG fanboy.

A final question? All the "damn good games" are per chance solely RPGs? :lol:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Radix865 said:
They could've make it in two discs, but FFX was kind a crappy anyway, the voices were only one of the downsides...

Crap! those trailers won't work on this s**t hole I'm on...
Since when was the voice acting in FFX bad? Compared to most games that have English voice acting, FFX still stands out as the best in its field, second only to the MGS series.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Not really, it was good (specially when compared to the likes of Shenmue or the RE series) but best voice acting on RPG games goes to GameArts titles...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Radix865 said:
They could make it in two discs, but that would cost them more money. They're not going to spend the money on and extra disc for something that the vast majority of poeple won't even consider as a selling point.

That aside, like everyone else said, the voices in FFX weren't really all that bad. I really hated whoever did Yuna's voice, but other than that they were ok.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Not really, it was good (specially when compared to the likes of Shenmue or the RE series) but best voice acting on RPG games goes to GameArts titles...
I dunno the voice acting in the grandia series really suck...or maybe you are talking about their other titles.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Kaotic Soul said:
I dunno the voice acting in the grandia series really suck...or maybe you are talking about their other titles.
Grandia II's voices were superb (though to be fair, some of the actors were from MGS) so were Lunar TSS, SSSC and EB (I'd mention EBC but actually those are mostly remasterized versions from EB)... Grandia's voice weren't that bad, it's just that those little kids appealed to no one.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.