Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Random personnality
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Ive got the final fantasy XII demo but i cant play right now. Is there someone that already tried the demo just to tease me. What's in the demo? :eyemove:

·
band
5,270 Posts
lol bad bobbi >.<

i have the demo. its basically 2 stages. the first stage your goal is to beat the rockeater but before doing so u have to kill to horse-like monsters. i havent tried stage 2 yet so >.<

gfx are nice and the gameplay is a breath of fresh wind :)

·
band
5,270 Posts
if ur interested in FFXII, it prolly means ur interested in RPGs. if so, then you should pick up a copy of Dragon Quest VIII NA, which is a very good game. then u'll have a copy of the demo without downloading it cuz its bad and stuff D=<

</flare mode> :p

·
Heh...
2,829 Posts
D.D. said:
if ur interested in FFXII, it prolly means ur interested in RPGs. if so, then you should pick up a copy of Dragon Quest VIII NA, which is a very good game. then u'll have a copy of the demo without downloading it cuz its bad and stuff D=<

</flare mode> :p
If Bobbi says it's alright, then I'll download it as well :lol:

·
Emulation Junkie
847 Posts
Silenus said:
Is it okay to download it from the web?

If yes, Do anybody have a link?

Well demo's, even though copyrighted, are offered for free. So I would have to assume that downloaded a demo is "legal" because you aren't affecting a companies profits. (of course technically you SHOULD be buying DW8 to be able to play the demo, so I guess you MAY be affecting their profits)

Either way, this is probably one of those "gray areas" where it isn't just plain illegal....but it's not clearly legal either.

·
band
5,270 Posts
well its not officially offered for download by square nor is it being given out right now as a free disk now is it ? considering that then the grey area looks a shade more blackish to me...

G

·
You really think that Square dislikes you downloading something they spread for free? Honestly, every Final Fantasy demo I played so far only made me pre-order the games asap so far ;)

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Funny, now that i looked at some of those screenshots, the graphic engine looks ALOT like FFXI engine oO Im pretty sure its the same engine (though probably modified).

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
>>the demo is now translated completely into English (except for the voice-overs, they're still in Japanese)

For me, the main use of the demo was to see just how bad the voice overs will be, we all know they'll be bad it's just a matter of how bad on a 1 to 10 scale (1 being as awful as digimon, 10 being as truley horrifying as FFX-2) I have to wonder...

Ah well, it says it's expected release in March so that's about 4 months to learn japanese... plenty of time...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
Ah well, it says it's expected release in March so that's about 4 months to learn japanese... plenty of time...
it says on Gamespot the release date is 8/1/06 now..
I hope they made a mistake..

Can the demo fit on one cd?
Do you need a modded ps2 to play or is it possible with the independance trick?

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
March was the listed Japanese release, IIRC it said the US one would be 5 months later, I suspect the European one will be massively later than that as well... import, piracy or waiting... I'm not even going to play it until I can play the japanese one, it might take a few years before I can play but it will be worth it if it makes the game playable.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Interesting :)

But when looking at the screenies a question rises: Are the jaggies as bad as this screenshot makes me think they are oO

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.