Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No this is NOT a bash thread so all you square haters dont even start please.

Anyway i decided to give the game a try now that it was released in Europe and i must say im pretty impressed.
It surpasses what i had in mind for the game in almost everyway, the game is simply amazing, best MMORPG i've played so far.

The game is so well made that it doesnt even feel like an online game. And that IS a good thing. Feels like ur playing a regular RPG, but with other ppl that are part of it.

Stuff i liked most in the game is the game play, like i said it doesnt feel like an online game, the combat system is great (not like all other MMORPG, ur either attacking or running or casting, in this one u can actually run WHILE attacking and doing skills etc... (pretty much like Zelda) giving it an all new experience to an MMORPG), there are cutscenes in the game that make it more "RPG" and gives the game more joy and a story, the existence of missions that make you advance in the story of the game (instead of just making random quests, although these exist too) was a great idea. And... its Final Fantasy at its best. Simply amazing, i registered for one month to give it a try but it seems i'll be playing it for ALOT more time :)

Oh i forgot to say that battles in party are also great. Lots of strategy to it, like an normal FF game, but now in real time that makes it more challenging.

*edited* Typos :p

Anyone here plays it as well? I know GSDragon plays it, someone else?

My char profile:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?68331

Some screenshots i took

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Name: Zerolon
World: Remora
Linkshell: Bahmut's Knights
Lvl. 17 Warrior

(wants to be) PLD/War

·
Registered
833 Posts
When I first saw this game i thought it was like any other MMORPG but with really great graphics. But if you say it has an actual good story i might try it out. I just don't want to repeat boring random quests that i found in most MMORPG.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
I used to play it. It's great fun. I really want to start playing again after I get broadband soon. What is your race/class? How are you making money in the game(I could never find a decent way. Selling crystals doesn't get you enough gil after awhile)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi:
I think there is a software is in development which makes it possible to play Final Fantasy XI on Local Area Network.
Is there anyone who can provide link to the developers site link so we can get updated information on the software :)

Cheers

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Uhh, read the [rules]rules[/rules] please. We do not support illegal software here. Any software that would make it possible to play FFXI on a Local Are Network would be violating FFXI's EULA agreement and thus the software would be illegal.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I'm almost finished on my first month. I've been making gil by crafting. I have been learning the crafting skill Weaver. Selling robes to mages at the auction house.

This game does have a good story, it's one of the first and only MMO's i've scene to have a full ingame cutscene for quests and missons.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey ZerOSoul we're in the same server ^^. Or at least i think we are. Is there a Remora of US and another for Europe or is it the same? If so we could meet.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
It's all the same Metal.

I'm ussually in Valkum Dunes, lvling my warrior. Lately, i've been so busy with work, that I only play for a few hours. Yet, that's going to pick up starting today.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Not to be mean, but do your self a favor and use an axe. WAR's are best with axes. Great Axe for DD and axe & shield for tanking. Though I fail to see how you amost consider it not an pnline game. The other people around you have such a stong impact on you and your party.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
GSDragoon, it really comes down to what your going to do with your warrior. I use sword due to the PLD's high average with the sword. I train my warrior becasue of that. I'm not meant to be a heavy hitter when I go PLD, i'm meant to be a tank and that's what I do.

I still see myself hitting harder at times than war's with axe's. It's strategy over equipment. Not everyone plays by the rules. That's what's so great about MMO's. Your play like you want to, not just cause your suppose to.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GSDragoon you got me wrong, i said it doesnt "IS" like an online game, and that WAS a good thing. The game is so well designed that it just feels the other players are part of the world, without having to notice stuff like "oh yeah that chinese is lagging like a freak". lol if u know what i mean.

Oh and im using that sword couse i got it just for 5k in an auction. pretty cool huh? :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
D.D. said:
dagnabit...if only i had money to pay the montly fee :(
Or you could wait 10 - 15 years (maybe shorter) when they abandon the game and then private servers start coming up. Until then you need to have the desire and the money to play the game hehe

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Zer0Soul said:
GSDragoon, it really comes down to what your going to do with your warrior. I use sword due to the PLD's high average with the sword. I train my warrior becasue of that. I'm not meant to be a heavy hitter when I go PLD, i'm meant to be a tank and that's what I do.

I still see myself hitting harder at times than war's with axe's. It's strategy over equipment. Not everyone plays by the rules. That's what's so great about MMO's. Your play like you want to, not just cause your suppose to.

Well, when you get PLD, you'll max out sword every level in no time. I would be more worried about getting healing skill up for PLD. With each skill level, your accuracy and attack becomes greater. If you look here, http://www.all-final.com/ff11/skill_chart.htm you can see WAR has an "A" in axes but only a "B" in Great Sword. You can get a higher max skill in axes, thus increasing your attack and accuracy. Axe WS's are also very good. In later levels you will see how crucial skillchains are. And they are very powerful at lower levels too, but like most new people, they don't know about them. Anyways, WS's are EVERYTHING for meele. Great Sword WS's suck untill you get to Spinning Slash, whish is gainned at lv225 great sword. Spinning Slash is an overpowered WS, which is why you see lv66+ DRK's using great swords instead of a scythe. In the low 20's you'll get Sturmwind, lv70 GA WS. Sturmwind is a very powerful WS and you'll be gimped not using it. Basicly, don't worry about your PLD now. If you really want to get sword up for your PLD, just get a sword at lv30 with your WAR and fight easy stuff to get it up to lv20 or so. After that, your PLD will easily be able to max it out every level.

Oh and sorry Metalmurphy, I misread what you said.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow GSDragoon, i see you've done ur homework :) there's alot more to this game then i first saw. Guess im gonna have to read all of gamefaqs faqs. :p

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Wow GSDragoon, i see you've done ur homework :) there's alot more to this game then i first saw. Guess im gonna have to read all of gamefaqs faqs. :p

Well I have played alot. My highest/main job is a 62 DRG. I also have a 48 WAR, 41 THF, 34 SAM, 32 WHM, 25 MNK, 19 PLD, 18 BLM, 16 RNG. You eventually learn about what I said, but to make your job easier in the long run, axes are better for WAR. When you have to level up axe when your lv 30 and have a 0 skill in it, it's really a pain to get it up. Because you'll prolly take your WAR to 30 and then get PLD. When your PLD hits lv60, you'll need to lv WAR again. By then you'll know that a sword for a WAR is dumb and if you never leveled axes, your going to need to spend a TON of time getting them up because it wasn't done before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts