Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I joined up a while back but I didnt post much because I know my PC wasnt anywhere close to running the pcsx2 over 36 fps. now I have a new computer. My specs are (bare with im new at this) Intel 2 quad core 8200 2.3GHz, 512mb 9500GS Geforce graphics card, 8 Gb of Ram, 750GB HDD, and I have Vista Home. It just stops at the first beggining of the game before the first save point and I dont know why. Is there anyway to fix this?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
In the GSDX options, do you have the NLOOP Hack turned completely on? (white box + checked instead of grey box + checked)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
Oops. Haven't messed with that option in a long time. :p *Black check and white box*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so instead of a grey check it should be a black check? if so i will try when i get off work. im going off of what i remember. if that doesnt work then what do i do?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
If it doesn't work for you, then just be patient and wait for a reply from someone else.;) The NLOOP Hack was the only thing holding me back from actually playing FFX, so that's why I suggested it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope it doesnt work unless i have the grey check that was already there in the NLOOP box. i dont know what the problem is

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
The NLOOP hack won't fix any issues related to freezing, game going into a loop, it just corrects the GFX of the game (i.e. missing textures).

@ djb22 : Post ur settings and version of the game (example : SLUS xxxx). Also what version of pcsx2 are u using, if u haven't tested yet 0.9.6 do so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
im using 0.9.6 now...well thats what i have been using from the start. its slus 20312 NTSC. i used zerogs kosmos too. but i also used gsdx9 direct 3d9(hardware) with pixel shader 2.0 and SSSE3. i have the NLOOP box with a grey check in it and texture filtering checked black. I also have alpha correction checked black also. everything else is gsdx left as is. i was running from a cd. for my sound i also used the new sound plugin SPU2-X but I alternated to the PEOPS. In the CPU section I have everything checked including the MTGS using the Limit option set to a limit of 65fps. everything else was left as is.

Edit: Was this what you meant by posting my settings? If not then let me know

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
It is very odd that the game is not working for u, the part where it freezes, is it when Auron says "look"?

If using DX10, try using DX9 mode since sometimes games have issues when using DX10 and vice-versa.

btw : Make an ISO image of the game using any third-party software, running it from the Disc 'causes games to hang, freeze, go into a loop, that may be the 'cause of ur problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah someone else suggested that. i went around reading as many post as i could find bu tthe last guy that posted this didnt get an answer. i made the iso image using magic iso and i used linuz (for short i guess) to boot it up but it still crashes in that same spot. im already using dx9 mode and yes its the part where he says look. its funny though when i had my sorry laptop that scene worked fine but now it doesnt.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Yeah that issue is very common and happens randomly, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, u just have to be one of the lucky ones.

If u still have the save game from ur labtop, just copy the memcard to ur desktop so u'll be past that part of the game.

If I had that version of the game, I would gladly do it for ya' but I guess ur in bad luck, maybe someone else can help u.

Try using an older version of pcsx2 like 0.9.5 or 0.9.4, it might solve ur issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I tried both 9.5 and 9.4 versions of pcsx2 and it still crashes at the spot where he says look. I was hoping it would work. I didnt want to miss that seen but I might have to get a save spot if possible to see if that might help as I really want to play the game. But before I do that I would like to research and seek all possiblities of making it work so it will at least past that part and not crash on Vista x86 anymore. I know you guys have busy schedules and really don't have the time to deal with a small fry like me and I really appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I tried both 9.5 and 9.4 versions of pcsx2 and it still crashes at the spot where he says look. I was hoping it would work. I didnt want to miss that seen but I might have to get a save spot if possible to see if that might help as I really want to play the game. But before I do that I would like to research and seek all possiblities of making it work so it will at least past that part and not crash on Vista x86 anymore. I know you guys have busy schedules and really don't have the time to deal with a small fry like me and I really appreciate all the help.
I had a same problem on one of the scenes, all I did to pass it was speed up the game under speed hack, try pick 2x.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh ok but isnt that same thing that pk7677 requested. if so i tried that and still it didnt work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts