Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying out my old FFX-2 game, since my PS2 is broken; however, when I loaded it up, I am getting 30fps in videos.

My system specs are as follows:

Intel Core2DUO E7400 @ 3.2ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT
3gb DDR2 PC6400 @ 660MHz

My PCSX2 plugins are as follows:

Graphics: GSdx 883 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13
Controllers: Lilypad 0.9.9
CD/Rom: Gigaherz's CDDVD plugin 0.7.0
USB: USBnull driver 0.5.0
Sound: ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 (It's the only one that doesn't skip and stutter constantly :\)

I think the rest is irrelevant.

If I don't enable "Timescaling" in the sound plugin, then the sound is really choppy and stuttery. If I enable it, I get 30-40FPS and the videos are unwatchable because they're almost 2x slower than they should be. The sound's pitch doesn't change; it just slows down, a -lot-. in the window's status bar, it shows anywhere from 50% to 70% beside FPS.

Any tips to improve my FPS (that's the only thing that's really getting me, I'm only getting ~30fps in the FMVs, and it's just..ugh), or any plugins to do so would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Finally got past the FMV, but it's still slow all-around. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I have MUCH better than the recommended specs for most games.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Graphics: GSdx 883 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13
^ Fix this, it's like over a year old.
What's the newest version? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Nevermind, found it, but that hasn't fixed anything.

It's NOT my system, because...well, if I can run crysis on high, and if I can run other graphically-intensive games on max, then I should be able to emulate a PS2 (I know that the system requirements are higher than the graphics would imply).

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Create an ISO using something like DVD Decrypter. (free) (Google it)

Load DVD Decrypter and press 'R'. (puts the ripper into ISO "read" mode)

Choose a place to save the ISO and click the DVD > HDD icon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Create an ISO using something like DVD Decrypter. (free) (Google it)

Load DVD Decrypter and press 'R'. (puts the ripper into ISO "read" mode)

Choose a place to save the ISO and click the DVD > HDD icon.
I made an ISO using PowerISO while I was waiting for a reply, because I thought that might help things out a bit - still no dice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.