Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I tried to search and search, but I didn't get a good answer after an hour of trying to find out what's the real state of Final Fantasy X-2 when it comes emulating it with PCSX2.

I am currently using the latest playground edition 396 PPr402, GSDX SSE4 DX10, 1024x1024 int res, latest SPU2ghz playground 1.9.0 edition, no speedhacks or patches applied.

Now, when I start the game the FMV's are messed up. I saw a post that had "nothing you can do about FMV's now, just have to wait for updates" and that was the only thread I found. It was posted a year ago.

My Specs:

E8400 @ 3.82ghz, Radeon 4870 512mb, 4gigs kingston @ 854mhz. OS: Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

If you can find me a thread about this I am willing to read it, if not, please try your best if you have time or will to help me.

Thank you for the great emulator and a chance to experience art in a way that it was meant to be experienced (buggy and glitched! jk!), with better textures and resolution the ps2 games really become alive.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Final Fantasy X-2 runs great here except for the FMVs which I saw as just a minor problem as there's only 11 FMVs in the game and you can watch them somewhere else. Other than that there's minor graphic glitches and as far as the FMVs go you can try using native resolution in one of the newer (older?) GSdx plugin versions or see them in ZeroGS with 0xAA and they can probably work ok.

Even with that I finished the game 3 times trying to get the 100% and well it was great enough :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
So there are no improvements on the speed of fmvs with the latest playground? I haven't tried the game for a long time, I was waiting for someone to say that it works great, before I put it again in my PC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts