Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. Thanks in advance for any help
I've been googling and searching every forum I can find and reading all that my eyes can stand (which isnt much so I havn't looked for THAT much) to try and get this to work.. My life revolves around Final Fantasy games mostly 7 and luckily I managed to tinker with the settings to make that work although the graphics were still kind of poor and the sound effects were even worse it worked and I finished it and want to move onto 8.. I've tried every settings I can I've read so many threads but it still wont work.

I'm using Final Fantasy VIII *PAL* I've tried with CD-ROM and ISO.

Let me know if you need to know anything else. Just be specific on what you want to know cause I'm stupid.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Here's the info we need to know JdJinNJ:

- Your CPU Specs
- Name of Emulator
- Graphic and Audio Plugin used and current settings for each

This will provide enough info to allow us to start assisting you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I updated my graphics card driver. same as before though it doesnt matter if its full screen, window, full screen with the little window, CD-ROM, ISO, those little fast or nice button settings it all just turns out into a black screen.. the PEC thing comes up and the BIOS work. Just the game wont go.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Leave out PEC and see if the game comes up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could be as simple as your overlay settings being incorrect. Check your video card settings. I had the exact same problems with playing movies, games on ePSXe, everything once, and though I can't for the life of me remember what I did, it had something to do with the overlay settings, and it fixed it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where do I download that SaPu's CDR plugin Could I have a link?
I found that overlay settings but wtf do I do to it I'm too tired to work anything out atm some more info would be helpful for tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
What it means is that you need to find a playstation BIOS in order to run the epsxe program. If you own a playstation, you legally own its bios. If you don't, then it's illegal for you to google it. If you just google it, or use a p2p client, you can find it, but it's seriously illegal if you don't own the psx, so don't do it. Emulation needs the makers of the systems in order to emulate them, so it's counterproductive if you circumvent the law...

-LT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ugh man I need my final fantasy fix so bad. Why does everything I try with these emus fail so miserably. Someone must know how to fix it.

I've been reading around the forum for the past few hours and seen a few threads saying you need 1.5.2 for FFIX so I got it and it still does the black screen. I tested the BIOS and they went really fast. I've seen millions of these threads during my reading so I went and searched I looked through like 10 pages of threads and they all say the same thing. Tick use fps limit - auto detect or 50 for PAL but thats what I've had all along I've set the limit from 30-70 and it all just goes fast except 30 that just skipped everything and went to the main menu thing.

Should I stick with 1.5.2 Cause I plan to play FFIX after VIII or go back to 1.6.0

I've also tried both versions with both versions of BIOS and about 5 different graphic plugins with all sorts of different settings but all I get is the blackscreen when running the game. also with ISO and the CD its the original CD too. I saw something about Subchannel ISO though I'll try that in the morning for good measures. Thanks again for any further help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.