Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
you turn on your emulator, and load the cd, then you play the game. it will not crash or anything because Square makes reliable games. DONT USE CHEAT, it will slow the game down also causin bugs.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Use ePSXe 1.5.2. There are a couple of website, including my own *shameless plug* that have guides for getting it working.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yeah I really recommend visiting the main page and download ePSXe 1.52 (NOT 1.60 since 1.52 seems to work better with the FF series IIRC), download Pete's Graphics plugins, some good sound plugins (I'm not very good at those) and a CDR plugin. Don't forget to dump your psx bios ;)

And like Kane said, if you need some guides on the configuration of the plugins go to his site ;)

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
The only emus I recomend to play FF8 are VGS and EPSXE. If u have a good computer with a good 3d card, use epsxe. FF8 is almost perfect with it. If u have an onboard card, its better to use VGS. FF8 is PERFECT with vgs, but the graphics kinda cack!

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
use Eternal SPU 1.41 and then turn on fix for final fantasy VIII games in this plugin.

make your iso then using mooby cd image driver to compress your iso.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
they use the same plugins, that's the idea behind the plugin system ;) . Find them all here. Get the patches here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've found that creating an iso with CloneCD and loading it using Daemon tools, provides slightly better performance than constantly tryin to access the cd.... :bounce:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yep, your HDD access time, burst speed, transfer rate, etc. will always beat out a CD's ;) (let's hope so, unless you have some super slow old HDD :p )

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
demigod29 said:
I've found that creating an iso with CloneCD and loading it using Daemon tools, provides slightly better performance than constantly tryin to access the cd.... :bounce:
There is no need to do that. Only create the iso and in epsxe's menu choose load iso instead of load cd, there is no need of loading the iso in daemon tools, configure the cdr plugin choosing the daemon drive and then select load cd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts