Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running epsxe on my rig using Pete's OpenGL 2.8 Driver, and during battles, I am experiencing a huge slowdown in the game. It's not choppy, it just runs very slow. I've attached the settings I'm using. Another problem is when I turn framebuffer effects down to below 3, I can't read any words on menus in the game. I've also attached a screenshot of that. Can anyone help me figure out what this problem is?

Here is my rig:
Biostar NF61S-M2 TE | AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 2 x 1GB A-DATA DDR2 800 PC6400 | ATI Radeon 4850 | Lite-On DVD-RW | Seagate Barracuda 120GB | Antec Sonata II | Windows Vista Ultimate

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Update the OGL2 plugin.
Try with Render mode 2, compatibility 1-2-2 and activate the gamefix for FF8.

As for the weird text, I just had it not long ago... emptying the savestates folder fixed it for some unknown reason. Try it, just move the content elsewhere and see if it's gone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! It didn't get everything up to 100% speed, but it made the game playable. And I was able to read the words. Thanks again!

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Hm... it should have proper performance on that computer I think.

Oh!
If using ePSXe v1.7.0 disable FPS limit so it doesn't interfere with the Internal limiter.
Since you're using an ATI, you should specify the VRAM of it on the plugins configuration. <= (important)
Also, disable the MDEC filtering... someone had some graphical issues with it enabled.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Update the OGL2 plugin.
Try with Render mode 2, compatibility 1-2-2 and activate the gamefix for FF8.

As for the weird text, I just had it not long ago... emptying the savestates folder fixed it for some unknown reason. Try it, just move the content elsewhere and see if it's gone.
Activate the first and 2nd gamefixes, it cuts the amount of time it takes to start the battle swirl, in half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts