Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah! Thats the way it is. I just cannot save game! Yesterday i started playing VIII and after i finished that big spider i was like YEAH!!!! :eyemove:. And today im trying to play where i left off but THERE'S NO DATA ON MEMORY CARD oO:mad:.Why i cannot save game? Other games save their status succefully, only FFVIII has this issue. The problem exist only with ePSXe, but i dont want to use another emulators so any ideas anyone ?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
how do you exit out of the emulator when you want to stop playing, do you return to the GUI and do file>exit? are you using save states in addition to standard memory card saves?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to press esc and then do file>exit, otherwise your data may be compromised.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what version of epsxe are you using?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do both slot 1 and slot 2 memory cards do this? are you launching epsxe from a shortcut or directly from the executable?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
weird. make sure the memcard directory and the files in it are not set to "read-only". you might want to try doing run>enable logs in the GUI and then checking the output window when you attempt to make or load a memory card save, it will sometimes point out any errors or problems being detected.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Enable the console/log window.

does it say that memory cards will not be written?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with FF IX. I solved it doing the following: deleted the two memcard files in the epsxe/memcards folder. Then created two memcards using Delta (the well-known ePSXe auto configuration tool) and formatted them. Then within the game I pressed F5 then F4 (it's mentioned somewhere in the ePSXe helpfile). Solved!

Oh, and if you want to exit the game press ESC, then File - Exit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.