Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used copy of FFVII last night. I popped it in, and I couldn't play it at all. In came plenty of tweaking, downloading new plugins, and the like, but still I got nothing. I got the most recent version of ASPI, and suddenly I could get it running. However, when I tried it again, I got the same result as before. I then "downgraded" to v 1.52, and now I'm getting the same thing, and the console reads "ePSXe (error) recompile block too large." Here's my specs:

1.6 GHz Pentium M
512 MB RAM
Sony DVD/CD-RW
ATI Mobility Radeon 300 128 MB

Thanks for your help

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. Figured that damage was the case, but the disc looks pretty good. Anyways, when I get home tonight I'll try to write an ISO on my desktop. Thanks for the help, I don't want to be a douche and just ask questions.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, I did play around with settings for a while, using Pete's OGL 2, got it running great. I'll put some good screens up tomorrow of my $900 PSP (aka my lappy) running at it's best, and give some good pointers for using the Mobility Radeon set (in a different section of the forums, of course).

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, but I am using filtering and shading. Here's what I came up with:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON X300 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 1/3
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00001002]

And a screen:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear you with the sound. I'm running an onboard soundcard because of a lack of financing, and I'm hating not having EAX. Anyhow, I took the screen by simply pressing the old PrintScreen key and pasting 'er in paint. Prolly a better way to do it with ePSXe, but I'm a bit lazy.

Erm, for some reason compy isn't liking the reduced resolution. It runs kinda slow. I think maybe the stretch in the screenshot is due to having a widescreen, but I don't know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.