Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
if you do a search on here for FF7 configs, you will find a lot...my personal suggestion would be to use Pete's OGL1 plugin:

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Toss in the First and last two Special Game Fixes and you should be able to play correctly. Play with the other settings as you please till it looks good.

· Registered
183 Posts
Well, besides some contrast issues (which probably have to do with how the screenshot was taken), my only problem w/ that pic is that the textures look stretched. That may only be because it is in a 800x600 resolution though. I would suggest testing it out in 640x480 and see if you like how that looks a little better. Keep in mind I am absolutely anal about graphics and even moreso about sound :D

· Registered
183 Posts
If you have a widescreen, try 720x480. I am surprised a widescreen performs well at 800x600, though.

You should be able to pick up a SB Live w/ EAX for $30 which isn't a bad card, but isnt the best either. Nothing above that will give you better performance on an emulator though, and I dont think EAX will help in an emulator either :p
I use a SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for gaming, movies, and recording. Awesome card, just expensive. The front drive is convenient but not 100% necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.