Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some nasty problems with FF7 for the pc and my GF2 :( After installing the game I noticed it didn't offer d3d support for my GeForce so I got the TNT patch at the eidos website, installed and configured it but when I check the NVIDIA box on the FF7Config the game doesn't work :( It works with d3d when I uncheck the box but the graphics are all messed up! The battle and the characters are okay but the background is all garbaged...
So, can anyone here help me solving this problem? I've tried the detonators 4 and 3 with no changes :( I really wanted to use d3d 'cos software mode is significantly uglier and much slower :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
geforce always got problems with FF...i have the same problems and have been askin this question for a while...there was no solution so i gave up... :(

most people said that nvidia has compatibility problems with final fantasy games...actually, i think its the other way around but either way, this problem can't be solved... some one did tell me to DL the older version of the detonator drivers... like 2.something...try that...i never got the time to try it and i'm still running software render... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The games graphics look totally corrupted with the new nvidia drivers.
12.43 and before are okay. And it detects the 8bit Palette texture without any patches.

There is a registry hack you can do to fix the corrupted look on the new version of the nvidia drivers, I've tried it and it works, however I can't remember the page. I'll look for it again for you and post when I find it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ok..this sounds tempting... how do i get it to work? this rivatuner thing?

i got winxp and use latest version (detonatorXP) nvidia driver. I got a geforce2 ti 64 meg ddr ram graphics card and FF 7 and 8 both screw up on my comp (p4 1.7 ghz).

plz post links to where rivatuner is and how to fix the problem

much obliged

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Originally posted by The Spac
I've looked at the same stuff, and they say to enable 8-bit pallette textures in rivatuner but I can't find it anywhere. I've got the latest version of it, and I'm in the power user section......
AFAIK, the enable 8-bit pallette textures can only be enable in detonator 2.XX. I heard that this option also available in Deto. 11.XX but I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Originally posted by smartguy15_2000
ok..this sounds tempting... how do i get it to work? this rivatuner thing?

i got winxp and use latest version (detonatorXP) nvidia driver. I got a geforce2 ti 64 meg ddr ram graphics card and FF 7 and 8 both screw up on my comp (p4 1.7 ghz).

plz post links to where rivatuner is and how to fix the problem

much obliged
AFAIK, this 2 games(FF7 and FF8) will not works on windows XP.
You can get FF7 to run but it will crash in chocobo racing mini game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The games work perfectly in windows XP for me when I have the drivers 12.41. When I put newer nvidia drivers on I get corrupted graphics. All I need to know is where to change the 8bit texture thing.

I've done the same driver change in windows 9x and I get the same corrupted graphics when I run those 2 games. And they run normally with 12.41. I don't want to use 12.41 because they so crap in performance.

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Originally posted by smartguy15_2000
nooooooooooo!!! u can't be serious!!
ff 8 works fine is software render mode!
ff 7 works fine too (for now)
i just can't get these games to run in 3d mode!
I didn't know they'd crash at certain areas...does 8 crash?
HELPP!
I am not sure about FF8, ..
about FF7, I am sure it will crash at the chocobo racing, it 's a known problem!

FF7 and FF8 both have a nvidia patch, tnt2 patch(will works with geforce card too) for FF7 and geforce patch for ff8.

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Originally posted by The Spac
The nvidia patch just makes the game use FSAA to get rid of some lines, trust me... it hasn't got anything to do with the corrupted graphics.
it seems like he doesn't have a graphic corruption, the problem is he can only run the game in software mode, isn't? so I believe he need the nvidia patch.

And in FF7, it 's sure that tnt2 patch will give you a d3d hardware rendering option.Anyway is still have some graphic corruption when summoning odin.

Believe me.. the nvidia patch would help, or at least they fix some bugs in the game. You should install them and see if you havent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have the patches already...lol...i was just angry that they didn't do jack for enhancing the graphics...i got the exact same graphical glitches as i did b4 i patched the games. *sigh*

btw, where can i get the older detonator drivers? (12.41)
can some1 post a link?

or does anyone know a way to mess with the detonator XP driver to fix the 8-bit palette so it works?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.