Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p3 550
256RAM
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
Win98
SB Live!

:( My problem is funny...i don't know what it is..I use Lewpy's Glide plugin..newest version, Pete's Dsound plugin and Pete's CD plugin..ok here goes..Game runs decent all but the sound laggin when battle mode starts when you run into a random battle, secondly it seems to stick as well when loading a saved game..the little "ding" you all know..my other problem is that I can see NOTHING below the area that Cloud is fighting in, can't see to choose spells or attacks..yes i got the fix enabled on Lewpy's plugin, dunno what the deal is..and I have tried Pete's D3D and OpenGL plugins as well..although I CAN actually see the things to choose the game and sound lag badly, lol MK4 works like a glove..seemless just about..FF7 just puzzling...

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Try running the game from an iso using cdrwin to make the iso of FF7.... THis will help alleviate the sound problems slowing down before random fights.... Use the internal sound pluggin... here is my config for FF7 and I have a voodoo 5 5500 agp...

Lewpy's Glide³ Plugin Configuration Information v1.33
-----------------------------------------------------

Computer Information
DirectX : DirectX 8 or better installed
Processor : AMD AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, 998Mhz (1 off) (00/0642)
64kb L1-I, 64kb L1-D, 256kb L2 (on-chip)
Memory : 256Mb

Core Emulator
ePSXe : D:\EPSXE\EPSXECUTORTOOL.DLL
: 02/06/2001 22:18, 98304 bytes

| Type | Name | Version | Date |
| BIOS | SCPH1001.BIN | | 11/07/1997 05:38 |
| CDR | W9XCDRCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |
| GPU | gpupec.dll | 1.3 | 29/01/2001 00:07 |
| SPU | SPUCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |

| ePSXe Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Sound Enabled | Yes |
| CDDA Enabled | Yes |
| XA Enabled | Yes |
| XA Read Enabled | Yes |
| SPU IRQ Hack | Yes |
| CDROM Drive Letter | F |
| CDROM Accurate Timing | No |
| Disable CDROM Status | No |
| Disable CDROM RT Status | No |
| MDEC Enabled | Yes |
| MDEC Timing Enabled | Yes |
| SIO IRQ Always Enabled | Yes |
| Country | AutoDetect |

Glide³
Board : Voodoo5 (tm)
Version : 3.10.00.0674
File : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\glide3x.dll
: 16/01/2001 12:38, 348160 bytes

| Plugin Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Active Configuration | 1 |
| Active 3dfx Card | 1 |
| Enable HotKeys | Yes |
| Resolution | 640x480 |
| Refresh Rate | 60Hz |
| Emulate MASK Bit | Yes |
| Dynamic Texture Caching | Yes |
| Custom FrameCap | 70Hz | <-------------
| On-Screen Display | Off |
| Frame Skip | Disabled |
| FrameRate Limit | Auto |
| System Type | NTSC |
| FrameCap Method | New |
| Draw Method | Bright |
| Alpha Blending Mode | Advanced |
| Bilinear Filtering | Enabled w/o Sprites |
| Alpha Testing | Normal |
| FrameBuffer Access | Read/Write |
| Off-Screen Drawing | Full |
| Polygon Mode | Textured |
| Texture Windows | Enabled |
| VSync | Enabled |
| Banshee Code | Enabled |
| MDEC Format | Texture |
| Experimental Flipping | On | <---------
| Experimental Screen Sizing | Off |
| FrontBuffer Rendering Fix | Off |
| FF7 TextureWindow Fix | On | <-------------
| DMAChain Fix | Long |

note the arrows I have marked... The game runs flawlessly for me.. Check my screenshots in the screenshots forum.... NO missing menus...... To enable the game to save to a memcard correctly, press f4 twice when the game has loaded to the title menu.... the ding doesn't happen to me when I load a saved game... check and make sure you don't have conflicting buttons set up in the gamepad config... dont set any of the buttons to these keys: alt or control.....

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
"my other problem is that I can see NOTHING below the area that Cloud is fighting in, can't see to choose spells or attacks" enable Off screen drawing to correct that problem :pP

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I am sorry metalmurphy but in lewpys glide pluggin, it doesn't matter what offscreen drawing is set to as long as experimental flipping is enabled and that FF7 fix..... you will still see the menus... Maybe you are referring to petes pluggins? In that case it is correct... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new problem

Okie did what you said..i made an ISO with BlindRead..dunno if that was a bad thing..either way..the sound still does a funny thing when changing into battle mode and the FMV sequence that is suppose to play when you talk to the girl on the train at the very beginning after blowing the reactor..locks up..or well it really just lags at a RRRRRREEEAAALLLLLYYYY slow rate, all i know is the sound changes every once in awhile and screen gets brighter VERRYY slowly..so its just very laggy but slows down everything to just about a lockup...:(

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
what 3dfx drivers are you using and which version of directx are you using? You could make sure you aren't running any other programs beside epsxe.... control-alt-delete.... close everything except for epsxe, explorer, system tray..... Try using the internal spu... Check your cd of FF7 and make sure there are not too many scratches(or large ones)..... Play in 640x480 res..... turn off FSAA, set offscreen drawing to "basic"(no more swirl effects before battles) and framebuffer to write.... if you haven't done so, update all video and audio drivers.....

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yes... I was refering to pete's but i also didn't know that about lewpys plugin.... thks!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with every battle scene it just lags for 10secs when you're supposed to see the swirl then goes again.
using pete's ogl driver/iori spu
can anyone help me rip an iso of ff7? I have the original cd and when I try to rip an iso with cdrwin3.8 it always stops with an "unexpected end of file" error at 31%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts