Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I've got a problem here. I'm on FF7, disc 2, at the part when you use the key of the ancients to turn on that water thing. The moment I move to walk into the waterfall thing, when the game is supposed to switch sceens it turns black.

Then it makes a wierd ingame sound that sounds like an error beep, and it flashed for a moment where I can see the characters. The old guy says "Look! Look at the image projected on the screen of water!". Then I get another fully black screen, and I can't see anything. There's nothing I can do to get the game to continue, and apparently an FMV is supposed to play at this point.

This was in ePSXe 160, after that I tried loading my memory card file in ePSXe 152, and PSXeven 019. Same results in those emulators.

Its wierd, because I've played 40 hours of FF7 with no mess ups. It'd be very lame to have to start over on a Playstation, so if this can't be fixed... is there any way to cheat or skip past it so I can continue playing? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I did read the similarly titled FF7 cd 2 problem thread, where somebody had a different problem I didn't have, and it was fixed with PSXeven 019. Well, PSXeven 019 was an interesting idea, but it didn't fix my problem.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sounds like an ISO file made from a scratched or otherwise damaged/marginal disk.

What tool did you make the ISO with? If you made it with Alcohol, did you set it to not ignore errors and do the maximum retries?

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How can you tell it has something to do with a scatched disc? The mess up is very strange, first the game is just black but I can control it enough to apparently walk up a few feet to trigger dialogue, then it flashes before going black again, and staying there forever. Pretty weird.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But also, is there any way to "cheat" or input any codes or anything in an emulator to skip to further in the game? Because there are plenty of FF7 game scripts out there, so I could just read the cutscene, and move on... but is this possible?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Interesting that you edited your reply to take out the part where you said you didn't make the ISO.

The best way to solve your problem is to go out and buy the game and make your own ISOs. They can be had new for $15 USD from Walmart, comparable prices elsewhere in the world.

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edit, what edit? ;)

But anyways, a couple of my friends have FF7, so I could just borrow their disc and try running it in ePSXe, and attempt to load from the ePSXe memory card.

But hey, aren't you supposed to be answering my questions? =P

·
Registered
654 Posts
I gave you the only answer to your questions you should need: Get legal.

I'm just another forum participant. I volunteer any help I give here, at my whim. I'm not "supposed" to be doing anything.

You don't want to get legal, then get your help from somebody else.

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way, if I get this same problem using the actual Playstation disc from a friend, I'll be sure to post it in here. And if I still have the problem, then its pretty easy to narrow the problem down to emulation on some level.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's only legal if the only time you play is when you have those disks in your possession.

Since
  • You've been playing a warez ISO up til now
  • You edited your forum post in an attempt to hide it
  • You're going to borrow your friends disks instead of getting your own
it's reasonable to conclude that you don't mind using warez and hiding it. So I don't believe that you're going to delete the warez, nor keep the disks you borrow until you're done.

Somebody else might help you, but I won't until you show proof you've purchased the game. A scan of your register receipt or shipping invoice will do nicely.

Dan

P.S. And could you please stop double posting? You've already demonstrated you know how to use the edit button.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What now? I said I didn't make the iso, I edited my post because I wanted to focus on how to solve the problem, not getting more questions. Hehe, looks like I was right. Anyways, my friend copied the iso for me. He's got the game, and shockingly I even have another friend who owns FF7.

As far as I know, borrowing games is commonly accepted by most people, so there's no need to get all Johnny Law on me. I never once said "i'm using teh warez" like you're implying. Hehe now really, do you post on here to help people or to get on your imaginary soapbox?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By the way, as for possessing discs, I'll be using the actual disc to play since the iso didn't work. Of course, I'm not sure what difference that makes to whatever point you're trying to make.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
jeez, stop double posting, first of all. secondly, don't make fun of the vigilante. he has good intentions.

anyway this is a super common problem with warezed FF7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.