Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly as the title alludes, I have gotten to the Gold Saucer and the controls are no longer responding. Here are the events that precipitated this:

1. I got on the trolley for the first time to go to the Gold Saucer and "saved state" at the beginning of the FMV.
2. I later loaded my saved state and the FMV ran for several seconds, reproducibly freezing at the same point.
3. I installed an older version of ePSXe and finished the FMV and saved state once more.
4. I re-installed the most current version, loaded my game up and voila!, my controls do not respond.

*When I load an older saved state the controls do work.

Uhh...why is this happening?

·
Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
May I ask about the version numbers of ePSXe you've used? My guess is that your newer version is 1.7.0 and older version 1.6.0 >.

If that's the case, I believe that the problem has something to do with 1.7.0's changes in pad support. I'm not 100% sure, though. You could try another version of ePSXe for trying skip over that FMV. There also might be some other problem as well.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
load from a memory card save.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.