Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FF7AC: 14th September Release

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this, but for those who don't know; AC is almost here for a simultaneous world wide release on the 14th of September on DVD (there won't be a UMD version released apparantly).

http://psp.ign.com/articles/643/643765p1.html

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
why not? square's voice actors are actually good. it's not like they're going to hire the VA cast of the resident evil series.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
exodus: for one, i hate dubbed movies. the only dubbed movie that i ever saw that actually didnt totally drive me insane was Howl's Moving Castle. other than that, i have never been impressed, or even satisfied, by a dubbed movie. not to mention the fact that the last Final Fantasy movie was a piece of ass.

vanit: i hope so...i wont even bother to look at the english version :p

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure Square would have gotten decent voice actors... but in the case of FF7 I don't think they could find anyone suitable to play such honorable roles. But for our sakes... I hope they didn't fudge it up as much as the Hellsing dub was. Till this day I still think no anime should ever have British accents :(.

Btw hushy, love the girl in your avy/sig :).

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
if by some strange luck the acting is badly done, i'll eat my hat.
and if the lip movement not matching the words bothers you, then go ahead and enjoy reading everything instead. we all know how great reading subtitles is when there's heavy action going on. "what happened?!? i don't know, but he said 'Arrgh'"

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
vanit: it's Reina Tanaka, look her up, she is great ;)

Exodus: well..im a very fast reader. i also dont have to be focused on the words to read them. also, i'm trying to work on my Japanese here (i am a japanese major) so the listening practice is good. eventually i wont need the subtitles :)

and yes, i understand that it's for my case. if you like dubs, nothing wrong with that. i'm glad i live in an english speaking country and i watch the original versions...when i went to japan we watched The Matrix dubbed in Japanese....man that was horrific. in short, i just dont like dubs. but some people do. that's why they'll hopefully have dubs and subs on the DVD, to make everyone happy.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
nope, they dont have it. i did a tiny bit of searching at Yesasia and saw this: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1004022192/code-j/section-anime/

interestingly,

There will be no English subtitles on this Japan version of FFAC DVD. Only Japanese subtitles or no subtitles. I heard the US version(which has English subtitles for sure, but not sure if it has Japanese dub) is delayed around November. If you can't wait, you better study Japanese now.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.