Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a foreword, I've been looking for most of the afternoon, searching these forums, the web in general and the FAQs, however I didn't seem able to find anything adressing my problem.

Now, onto the problem. I have No$GBA 2.6, and I want to use it as a GBA Emulator to run Final Fantasy VI Advance, but I run into a problem. Whenever I get into a fight, I get a NO$GBA FATAL ERROR, "The rom-image has crashed". [Explicit Censored] the [European] version seemed to encounter the same problem. I read on these forums that FFVIA is or should be playable on No$GBA, so I'm mystified, and I would like if anyone who knows what might cause this problem could lend me assistance.

The reason I want to use No$GBA as a GBA emulator is because of a particular feature it has, which is that I can alt-tab out of the emulator's window but the game's video and audio will still run. With VBA I was only able to unpause the video feed while I was in another window, however I found no way of keeping the sound unmuted, which is what bothered me the most. If anyone knows how to duplicate that No$GBA feature into VBA/VBA-M, feel free to tell me. ^^;

Hoping for quick replies, and thank you very much.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Unfortunately, you've admitted to downloading your ROM, which is illegal and against board policies. Therefore, we may not grant you help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw snap. [Explicit Censored]. What admidtance? >_>;. Did no such thing. Therefore, am I elligible for assistance now? ^^;

·
Registered
645 Posts
Turn of the GBA Bios (nintendo) in no$gba setings, Just start the cart direct... It may help!

Make sure to click save options befor closeing it down and restart your game again

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Oh sorry, I must have read another topic while answering yours...:heh:
As for your problem, other than fiddling with the GBA options, I wouldn't know any solution either; though I don't use No$ for GBA games.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turn of the GBA Bios (nintendo) in no$gba setings, Just start the cart direct... It may help!

Make sure to click save options befor closeing it down and restart your game again
Start the Cart directly was the default setting I had anyway. I did try fiddling with most options without much success either..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Start the Cart directly was the default setting I had anyway. I did try fiddling with most options without much success either..
I got you wrong!, Sinse no$gba switch to NDS games, GBA games have had number of problems with crashing, You are best of will a good GBA emulator! and not a nintendo ds one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah.. well is there any way to set one of the GBA emulators to work like No$GBA? Like, to be able to click on another window but still have the sound and video running? I actually stopped playing (On VBA) because, since I chat and alt-tab alot while I play, I kept having *Music* *No more music* *Glitchy music* *No more music* *music* and it gave me a headache..

Is there some way to have the VBA window always running as if it was the active window somehow? Or with VBA-M or any other?

Alternatively, I just got my hands on No$GBA 1.7 , but I don't know how to use it, so if anyone could explain to me,

I'd like to give it a try and see if it'd work, but I can't figure out how to run the rom with it. Mine is a .gba actually, but the 1.7 version wants something with ".rom", and just renaming the file didn't work.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I could offer VBALink as a compromise: it deactivates the sound fully when the window is inactive, while still retaining controls and video rendering; at least for 1.7.2. Haven't tried 1.8, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could offer VBALink as a compromise: it deactivates the sound fully when the window is inactive, while still retaining controls and video rendering; at least for 1.7.2. Haven't tried 1.8, though.
VBA does the same, there's a checkmark to chose not to "pause" the game when you move into another window, but I didn't seem to be able to find a way to keep the sound going.

·
Registered
645 Posts
no$gba 2.7 is a fake!, If its not on the main no$gba website then down't trust it!

You can exstrack the no$gba using 7zip, just to fined its no$gba 2.6a with a few files added

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no$gba 2.7 is a fake!, If its not on the main no$gba website then down't trust it!

You can exstrack the no$gba using 7zip, just to fined its no$gba 2.6a with a few files added
What..? I have No$GBA 2.6

I heard the 1.x version could run FFVIa, but the 1.x version of No$GBA doesn't work like No$GBA 2.x and further work, so I was wondering how to run it, how to get a .rom file compatible with the 1.x versions,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts