EpsxE 1.4. core
EpsxE 1.4. ASPI core

Pentium 3 933mhz ATI radeon 256k sdrram
K?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well, it could be due to the framebuffer effect or the cdrom access time,
first, take the pete's opengl plugin(your video card can handle it very well), just keep your previous settings but set the framebuffer textures to black and disable the full vram primitives if it's ticked.

If that doesn't work, play from an iso of your cd or take the pete's cdr 1.8 plugin
and set the "asynchronous read" option to on. ( also, don't forget to let the plugin autodetect the reading mode of your drive).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd suggest you to grab ePSXe cuttor ( a frontend for epsxe) and tick the "enable mdec" box.
(I've heard about tweaking the registry too, but I don't see the mdec key...)

another advice, take another spu. I remembered to have really bad sound w/ the internal one. Try Iori's spu, andy's one or even eternal spu. They're working pretty well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Anyway, here's my gpu plugin cfg, I've only ticked the "framebuffer read" box in the special game fixes
(I have a geforce card).
If it still doesn't fix, put a similar cfg in the d3d dx7 pete's plugin and set try all the advanced blending options (disabled/software/hardware) to see what's the best setting.

~edit~ be sure sure to have the last version (1.55) cuz' since the version 1.51 (i think), the blending was much more accurated (we can say perfect)

·
Registered
436 Posts
First... ditch the hardware plugin. Hardware plugins make 2d games look horrible. Next sound... I agree you have to get rid of the internal sound plugin as well since it emulates sound HORRIBLY. Pete's direct sound, eternal SPU, and Null's are the best.

And for the other people, FFT was released in America but it was really advertised much. It's an excellent game and some what rare. Somehow the wal-marts near my store happened upon a load of them and are reselling it. That's how I got mine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Originally posted by Koji |{night

And for the other people, FFT was released in America but it was really advertised much. It's an excellent game and some what rare. Somehow the wal-marts near my store happened upon a load of them and are reselling it. That's how I got mine.
I don't think its too rare. I got a copy of it that is part of the ps greatests hits series. you know the discs with the green side label.

Try the soft driver. the other drivers don't work perfect with the game. There is another thread about this game here you might want to check out as well.

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Mmm,I think that the black borders maybe caused by the fact that you checked the "Keep PSX aspect" option in Pete's OGL plugin,if it is,then uncheck it.
If it isn't then try to adjust you monitor's width.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.