Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try as I might to mix and match plugin settings, I just can't seem to fix this problem. I can't seem to learn new abilities in FFT. In formation, where the ability should say "learn now," the game displays instead the required job points, despite the fact that my characters have more than enough points. I've tried about 5 different playstation emulators as well as various plugins. I've tried running the game on my friend's computer and the problem still exists. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before. It might just be the .ccd image, but I can't verify that for sure because I don't have another image file to test my computer with. Currently I am running...

SSSPSX -
P.E.Op.S soft driver 1.4 (GPU)
Eternal SPU plugin 1.41 (SPU)
SSSPSX Pad Plugin 1.6 (PAD)
SSSPSX CDROM (CD)
SCPH1001.bin (BIOS)

Just for the heck of it, the graphics settings are as follows.

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.4
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: on [00000008]

I checked the game fixes and couldn't find any fixes for FFT in particular. Hopefully there is a solution to this bogus problem. Out of all of the things that could go wrong with the emulation, it just so happens to be the ability system, haha.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
maybe you have a berserked ISO?

It might just be the .ccd image, but I can't verify that for sure because I don't have another image file to test my computer with.
tried the CD? what did you make the iso with?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your CD might be marginal. Did you make sure that you set CloneCD to read at 4x speed, don't ignore/skip errors, and retry as many times as possible?

If you want to try making your image with Alcohol (there's a 30-day free trial), I can give more specific instructions.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.