Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I play Final Fantasy Tactics, I encounter a strange visual bug. When executing an action (attack, heal, etc.), every enemy unit glows red and every allied unit glows blue. Normally, only the target of the action would glow.

I ran into this bug while playing off of the original PSX CD. I also tested in on a (legally obtained) ISO just to be sure, and still encountered the bug.

The visual plugin that I am using is Pete's OPenGL2 Driver 2.9. For the settings I just clicked the "Nice" button. My video card is a RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory.

Any help or advice that I could get on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
2D game = 2D plugin. use peopsoft.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its built entirely from 2D items placed to look 3D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its built entirely from 2D items placed to look 3D
As much as I'd prefer to focus on the topic at hand, you're incorrect. The playing field itself is 3D and rotatable 360 degrees. Sprites are used, but only for characters, items, and other effects.

But more importantly, the characters are flashing blue and red.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ok whatever, anyway, update your drivers, and/or try the latest GSDX plugin (from pcsx2, copy it into the epsxe plugins folder)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you sure that this is not the result of some in-game setting you might have enabled accidentally? can you test the game on another emulator, preferably psx, to see if the same problem shows up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here comes the part where I feel like an idiot.

Apparently, the glowing colors was just one of those things from my childhood that I chose not to remember. It's not a glitch, it's just... the game.

I'm an ass. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.