Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are you using Opengl1 or Opengl2? In any case post your configuration for the plugin, or just use these:

Opengl1:
Offscreen drawing at 3 or 4
Framebuffer textures at 0
Framebuffer access at 4
(you can also try FB textures at 2 and FB access at 3, might work better)

Opengl2:
Just click the nice button and then maybe set Framebuffer uploads to the max

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an issue with running FFT from the disc where the opening dialog session won't load. All I get is a black screen. Is this a configuration issue, or is it due to the fact that my disc has been doctored? (had scratches fixed) I had it working fine at one point, but then battle formation sequences wouldn't load, so I uninstalled the emu and tried again, but now I have the current problem. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Try making an ISO of it, using Alcohol 120%, and setting it to [highlight]not[/highlight] ignore errors. If you have retries set low, that'll tell you if your disk is flaky. If you have retries set high, and the disk doesn't have any really bad errors, you might be able to get a working ISO out of it.

You could then play from the ISO, or if you're short on drive space, remaster onto CDR.

Dan

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have made some great images from some really unreliable discs using ISOBuster too...which is a good option if you don't own Alcohol 120% as it is free.
*Waits for people to complain about how unreliable ISO Buster USED to be*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.