Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i might be the only one to every play FFT but i love it and is the only reason i got psxe...now, this would be my first time using psxe (so bear with me here) but, the opening movie runs incredibly slow and at an fps of about 1. needless to say, thats really bad. once you get past that, it runs smoothly, but doesnt seem to like to accept my commands. same with the opening menu (start game, continue, ect..) the part where you enter your name, runs perfectly. opening credits, back to choppy worthlessness. as far as actual game play, seems to be running alright as of now. is the movie choppiness an issue, normal, curable, or me just being dumb as a hamster?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. gameplay runs faster than a psx would run it, that my fault as well?

oh, also, (havent even attempted this yet so again bear with) how would i put in 'cheats', and what would they be, gameshark cheats?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Ok, data transmission rate seems to be the culprit for this. You can try making an ISO and playing from it (alcohol120% and clonecd come handy for this task), or downloading peops cdr plugin, and configuring it correctly (the readme will be your friend with this task).

About the fast gamplay, enable frame limitation in the gpu plugin and set it to "autodetect".

Finally, the cheat menu (you are using ePSXe 1.5.2, right) is not used to input cheats, but more like 'hacks' to make some games work. You are looking for psx emucheater, [PEC].

About your messages, double posting is not allowed on this forums. There's an edit button in the lower right corner of your posts, use it to add information to previous posts. Check the [rules]rules[/rules] if you wanna stay on these forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts