Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what kind of protection this game has???
I've already tried extracting the tracks and sectors with cdrwin but it takes forever, I have all the default options enabled except for the error correction which is set to Ignore.Any hint will be welcome, thanx.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you have a PAL version of the game it will need to be patched. There are different patches for different counties. What country did your game come from?

Here's a good config for CDRwin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the US version of the game.The main problem is with the cdrwin config, I'll try the config you suggested, thanx.Let you know if anything good happens.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well usually the lower the reading speed the more likely you are to get a good image file. It makes it less likely to skip subchannel data(or something like that). You should be fine with a higher speed though. I usually use CloneCD to make my image files and I read the PSX CDs at 20x(I have an old CDR). All my images turn out fine that way.

BTW I don't think there's a patch required for the USA FFIX. I could be wrong though(I never played it).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used the config you suggested on cdrwin, but the copy gets stucked on 9%, it starts reading all the errors on the cd but the process keps geting slower and slower as it goes on....I would just like to know what is the best way to make an image of this game, because it's really giving me a headache.I've done lots of isos of other games and none have given the kind of trouble that I'm having with this one??????????????

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
As far as I know there's not any special way to read for that game(I'm about 99% sure). Maybe you've got a scratched CD?
What do you mean it keeps reading all the errrors on the CD? Does it give you a warning message that its reading errors? Mine never do that. I think it must be your CD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I mean by the errors is that it "ignores" them as it's supposed to, but there are to many of them and the process keeps getting slower.It's not the cd (I've already played it using the cd, just want the iso so that I can run it from my hard drive and hopefully speed it up a little bit more).Will try clone cd.....wish me luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stucked on the same 9% using clone cd.There really must be something wrong, Adair did you make the iso or bin for this game using cdrwin, if yes, did you use the same settings that you posted or different ones???How long did it took for the image to be created?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I've never played FF9, much less made an ISO of it. I'm afraid you've got me stumped. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I really thought my suggestions would fix it for you. :(
Anyway someone else will with more FF9 experience may have some idea what's wrong with it. Its probably something really obvious that I can't think of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx for the help, I'll keep trying until I rip this game. I'm just going to use cdrwin and hope it does the image.Thanx for the help

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUE PASA PUTA.!!!!!

Hello el mejor.! Are you doing it in your cdrw or dvd drive??
Sometimes dvd or generic drives don't read in Raw mode but your cdrw might.! Try it there and lets see how it goes.!!

P.S. Jajaja que pendejo... estoy escribiendo pa joder y para saber que este era mi user name.!!!
Check it.!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts