Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...after playing throught 3/4 of the game happily I got stuck. In Kuja's castle I encountered a but where those monsters that are 3 balls one on top of the other use sleep and the boss uses Thundara the game gets stuck. Allthought the caracters are still moving but in never comes out of close-up.

I'm using:
Pete's OpenGL v1.76 on NVidia GeForce FX 5200 v81.98
Eternal SPU on C-Media 5.1
P.E.Op.S. on LG CD-RW

Has anyone else had this problem and was able to solve it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using ePSXe as stated in post #3. v1.5.2 & 1.6.0 & 1.5.0. They don't work. The image doesn't block. Only the action. The creatures as well as the stone starts to wabble but after that they don't cast the spell, the image just goes on. I select attack in the meentime and escape and such but nothing happens.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
dont use adripsx for any game that requires a disc change (because it doesnt support it). also beware that it doesnt support real memory cards (so if you run into trouble you cant try a different emulator). that said, it is very fast and you might find some success with it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. I havn't tryed the fix for the battles because I don't know where I can find it although it would save me a lot of trouble if someone could give me the link to it (presuming it works). But for some reason appart the battles go very well with PSXeven except for the fact that it keeps crashing.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The fix has to be selected in ur graphics plugin. when you configure ur graphics plugin, look for 'special game fixes' then click on the box next to it. Then find the FF9 fix, u cant miss it really coz it says ''FF9''. and tick that box as well as the check box next to special game fixes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.