Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final Fantasy IX works fine... except for speed.
Can some one give-me some Hints for increasing speed in Final Fantasy IX! The music is waaayyy to slow and some FMV have sluggish sound.

Here are my PC spec's:

Pentium III 700 MHz
262MB of RAM
Nvidia RIVA TNT2 M64 Pro
Sound Blaster Live
CD-ROM 40X and 24X

:confused: I think that's it!

And one more thing. Can any one tell me were can I get the Detonator 6.31 Drivers??

Hope you can help me! :D

:wtf:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Use the internal spu or Petes midus spu to fix the sluggish mdec music...... Nulls spu has problems with mdec music and slows them down...... The current versions of them anyways..... Try different gpu to speed things up and If you are using petes pluggins, click the fast setting and try to run it from there and change things incrementally untill you find a middle ground between good graphics and speed.........

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! But i already tried almost every thing u got! Once I was able to put it fast, exept for the FMV, but then I tried to fixed the FMV but I screwed up the rest. And now I'm lost... :(

Thanks any way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FF9 Speed

Post your video/sound configurations and i'll try to help you out. Also check to make sure vram primatives are off. Go to Nvidia.com for the detonator 3 driver. I use these on my Geforce2 and speedsin some games are twice as fast.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm already downloading it, but, I read (don't remember were) that the Detonator 6.31 was the best, but I only found 6.50... is it a problem?? :confused:

Any way, here are my Spec's:

Video: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.50

>>Resolution & Colors:

Fullscreen [x]
Desktop resulution: 640 x 480
Color depth: 32 Bits
Change Desktop Settings [x]
Window Mode [ ]
Window size: N/A

>>Textures

Texture quality: R8 G8 B8 A8
Filtering: 3: Standard w/o Sprites
Caching type: 2: Dynamic

>>Framerate

Show FPS display on Startup [ ]
Use FPS limit [x]
Use Frame skipping [ ]
Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit [ ]
FPS limit(10-200): [x] 50Fps

>>Compatibility

Off-screen Drawing: 2: Standard
Framebuffer Textures: 1: Black
Alpha MultiPass [x]
Mask bit [x]
Advanced blending [x]

>>Misc

Unfiltered Framebuffer Updates [x]

(every thing else, that isn't here, ain't enabled)

Sound: Null2's Audio Driver 1.24

>>Driver Configuration

Attributes: 44100Hz, 16 Bits
Buffer Lenght: 40
Block: 5

>>Misc

Use reverb [x]
Enable VAG stram [x]
Force VAG 48 Khz [x]

>>ePSXe Sound Config

Enable Sound: [x]
Enable CDDA Sound: [x]

(every thing else, that isn't here, ain't enabled)

My PC spec's are on the first post. :D

Hope you can help me. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
FF9 speed

Everything looks good, almost identical to my settings. The detonator drivers you are downloading are the right ones, i don't know why I said 3. Could you give a better description of when it slows down and if possible an easier way to talk (AIM or icq). The only setting I would change is frame rate from 50-60 unless your running the PAL version.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The detonator 6.50 drives are ok. They give you the most settings for FSAA. But i would recomend getting atleast the Detonator 10.1 drivers. Better yet, get the 12.40 drivers. They seem to be the quickest and have the least bugs.

All you have to do is do a search for "nvidia detonator download" and alot of sites should pop up. Or, you can go to nvidia.com and search for beta drivers.

Goodluck

·
Registered
21 Posts
You coult try using 16 bit as color depth and using 4-4-4-4 in the texture quality, for my system using that configuration increases the fps by 10-20!!!
And if you're using this, you can up the resolution to 1024x768!

Hey you could get 105+ in FFVIII when summoning Quazcotl!! well at least sometimes!

My spec: P!!! 700, 128Mb ram, RIVA TNT2 M64

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the tips. :D

Moonraker7, the only easieast way to talk is trough IRC. If you have it tell-me what server are u in, and your nick.

About the detonator drivers. I have some doubts:

1- My Riva TNT 2 M64 Pro isn't manufactured by nVIDIA but by ASUS... Should that be a problem if I download the Drivers from nVidia.com

2-My second problem is that I installed the Detonator Driver 6.50 and I didn't notice anything yet, not in speed or better quality. Also I didn't see no Interface, and I saw some were that the Detonator has the option Fullscreen Anti-alias and some one told me that looks great in FFIX... but how can I enable it if I can see no Detonator Interface. :mad: Was it supposed to have an Interface??? :confused:

Anyway i'm downloading the 10.1, maybe that would fix the problem

About the slow places in FFIX: For example, in Alexandria, right in the beggining if I go to the place were the statue of the girl ( right behind us when we start the game) the music get's a litte slow.

In the main menu, if I do nothing the music is fine, but If i go to the Continue menu, the music doesn't even sounds the same...

Ed-Mid: Your PC is almost = to mine. Could u tell me your Spec's for the Video Sound and CD-Rom plugins...

Many thanks to all of u!! ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just one more thing :eyes:

stefanus Thanks for the web site:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
About the options for your card... I am not shure that the TNT M64 chipset has FSAA... Anyways, to get to the options, open up the display properties, go to settings, and click on the advanced buttion twords the bottom. Then slect the tab that has the chipset of your card (mine says geforce 2 mx 400). Then again, twords the bottom is a button that says additional properties.

I dont think nVidia makes cards, just chipsets. So the refrence drivers are like generic drivers that should work on about all thier chipsets. Most manufactures just pump out replicas of the refrence designed bords that nvidia supplies with their chipsets.

S

·
0 Posts
The chip on your TNT is made by Nvidia. They make the chips, as Dan said, and other companies make the rest of the card. The best and fastest drivers are either the 12.40 or 12.60 beta Detonator drivers. The site that Stefanus mentioned should have them or you can try www.3chipset.com, www.reactorcritical.com (if they are back up), or www.m3dzone.com Anyone of these sites should have these drivers.
Dan, the TNT does not do FSAA, at least not like the GEForce and Voodoo 5 cards do. The TNT does line FSAA which is not the same thing. Pete Bernert had the Line FSAA in earlier versions of his plugins, but he removed it because it was to slow. The only cards that do true FSAA are the GEForce series, Voodoo 5, Radeons, and, I think, the Kyro cards.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All of you have been a great help. :D

Final Fantasy is almost perfect!... Almost...

The sound gets sluggish some times with the enternal ePSXe plugin.

I know i'm asking to many things but... :innocent:

Could u tell-me what specs should i use with Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7??

I thank u again for your help. :p

And sxamiga: sorry about the 2 threads "Avatar".

:smash:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok...

Forget the "sorry about the 2 threads "Avatar". "

I've forgoten that I have already said the same thing in the Avatar thread. :p

S

·
0 Posts
No problem. Glad thing are going good for you. Take care.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok... now I did it :p

I tried to use Pete's MIDAS audio plugin but I only did it worse.

Here are my spec's: (which are completly wrong)

>>Midas Output Settings

Mixrate: 44100
Filtering: None
DirectSound: Enable
Output mode: 16 Bit Stereo
Mixmode Quality: Normal
Amplification: 500

>>XA Audio

Enable XA playing [checked]
XA Smoothing [NOT checked]

>>Old SPU Interface Settings

Allways play complete sample [checked]

>>New SPU Interface Settings

Use ADSR volume (bla bla bla) [checked]
Use Reverb [checked]

>>Misc

Pitch changes... [NOT checked]

If any one could help me with the configuration I would appreciate :D

(I fell like some day i'm gonna be banned for this messageboard for asking to many things :dead: ) :p

IF YOU GONNA DO IT, DO IT AFTER I CAN PLAY FFIX OK?? :D :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
FF9 sound

The internal spu doesn't work right on FF9. The battle music and other effects will not sound right. The best plugin to use is null2's. This works perfectly for me.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah... That's the best i tried to but It has some MDEC problems, so i'm tring to find a better soluttion :p

Many thinks any way.

:confused: ....It's kind of funny how every one here is nice to every one... If my brother tried this message board he wouldn't last 30 minutes... no 10 minutes, with such kidness hehe

Now... where was I. oh yeah. The MDECs with Null2's stay sluggish on my PC, and it's not a CD problem cause they work fine on the PSX.

So i'll try to fix that problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK,
Abt Pete's Midas SPU 1.7:

From your config, I found 2 things:
- Uncheck: Old SPU-Always play complete sample bla....bla...
- Check: Misc-Pitch changes while bla..bla...

Tks
Stefanus

PS: Do you still have a problem with the graphics? I think it's OK to ask so many questions, I've done that before....;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts