Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been trying to get Final Fantasy IX working for a couple of days now, but everything i've tried hasn't worked...

When I first tried the emulation I used the original CD, came up with "Custom shader missing" or something along those lines. I've tried it again by ISO'ing the CD, but i'm still getting the same problem. I tried it in both 1.6 and 1.5.2, both resulting in the same problem.

I have got it running in the past using LordKane's site, but as it appears to be down I can't get the configuration I need from it anymore.

I've tried various plugin combinations that other people have used to get it working properly, but at the moment i'm having no luck with any of them.

Another confusing thing i've noticed is that my CD's are all PAL versions, yet if run from either CD or ISO, it confirms it as NTSC? I've tried the appropriate .ppf files, as well as creating the .sbi file, but i'm still having no luck.

The last configuration I tried was Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8, P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9, and P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4.

I don't know if i'm looking in the right place, but if I am, my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4200. If anyone knows LordKane's combination so I can try again, or if anyone knows another way of fixing the problem, it would be a great help.

Dracus

P.S. - Sorry if i've placed this in the wrong section or if i've made any other mistakes, i'm new here so i'm not used to the system :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've tried it and it isn't working. Since I don't really know how to set it up I may have made a mistake, but i'm getting nothing but a black screen (but the error message has gone).

Dracus

EDIT - I found and tried the Delta program to see if it would work, and the suggested settings it gives still fail, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
hey he's got 4200 ti!! then i can help you out big time!!
use petes ogl 2.x (i used 2.7 before i upgraded away from my 4200), actually USE 2.7, 2.8 has some options i never tried out on my 4200, i'll cover most of it here from top to bottom:

put internal y resolution to high, the internal x very high.
have no texture filtering or high res textures.
turn off use pixel shader for "psx texture window"
autodetect graphs card vram.
use fps limit on auto-detect
off screen on 1
framebuffe effects and upload on 0 (or else spell special effects lagg like hill)
turn on screen filtering (looks nice)
turn on mdec filter and gf4/winxp crash fix
and none of the special game fixes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've traced the problem to the .ISO file. Trying it again from the original CD, it worked under the new settings, but only until the end of the trainer (which got added by the ppf I think), where it freezes completely. This confuses me slightly. Any ideas?

Dracus

EDIT - I'm lost completely... I've tried creating various ISO files using various programs and it _still_ isn't working...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,

I can't, it's part of the .ppf unfortunately, which I need for it to run. It should run fine, when I got it working with LordKane's config a long time ago I used the same .ppf and it worked fine.

Dracus

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
darth sephiroth said:
why do you need the ppf? i had 4200ti and i needed no ppf...
PPF isnt related to the graphics card at all. it's required to bypass the copy protection.

Dracus, where did you get your PPF from? seems like you got a warez/h4x one that comes with a trainer. just get the normal one from NGemu's PSX site (ngemu.com/psx) or just make an ISO with subchannel data.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.