Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other way to get around this glitch besides loading from a memory card save??

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
which movie are you referring to and what version of epsxe are you using?

· Registered
71 Posts
I am using Version 1.7.0, and the movie when Kuja comes to Alexndria and says "it's time for a light show!" or something like that. I did the save state during the championship card game. I find it hard to believe there is NO way around this besides doing that reload from a memcard. Why do half the FMvs work then it just randomly glitches at other parts. It doesn't make sense.

any ideas?

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
im leaning towards it being a save state issue or there is a problem with your disc/image. so what are you playing the game from, the disc or an image? and even if they are not directly related to the problem here, i highly suggest loading from memory card saves from now on.

the reasons for this are somewhat technical and i dont think getting into the specifics of it will help much here but the main thing you need to keep in mind is that save states are unstable and can lead to a wide range of problems, you will be saving yourself from a great deal of trouble if you do not use them as your primary saving method.

btw please make use of the edit button instead of double posting.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am playing from the image. I backed up my originally copy of FF9. I tried reimaging and the same thing happens.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
try running it off the disc instead and see if it works, you might want to try out version 1.5.2 and see if there is a difference there as well. i think your best bet is going to be loading from a memory card save, im not really sure why you would want to be reluctant on trying that.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because I just don't understand why this issue hasn't been fixed yet. With 1.5.2 do i just copy over the exe file to the emu directory or use all the files that come with 1.5.2?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so now I am evil incarnate now? I haven't posted on these boards in months.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i am sorry jeez, i have been trying to figure this out for 3 hours and i am frustrated.

· Registered
71 Posts
Countless people will log in hoping to hear some news of an update to ePSXe, only to find you asking about FF9 in the News Submission section...which you had already done in creating this thread...

Btw, people sometimes wait several months to solve problems...

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Cut the crap both of you.

Nafeasonto, mount the image to a virtual drive and use CDRSapu to read it instead of reading it directly, FF9 is prone to freezing due to bad sectors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.