Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game runs sweet on epsxe, I love it, but it has one problem and it hurts my ears big time. When I'm in battles, when the battle theme ends its first run through and tries to loop, it loos back to the start but there's a very annoying sound that lingers in the background of it and it's hurting my ears badly. This only happens with the epsxe's spu plugin. I'd use Null2's plugin, but for some reason the game stops responding with that plugin at the point where Zidane and them are crashing into the forest. (Right after they get Garnet).

·
Registered
513 Posts
>some reason the game stops responding with that plugin at the
>point where Zidane and them are crashing into the forest
This same error occurs for me, though I believed it to be a problem with Lewpy's plugin (according to the Event Viewer ePSXe puts up an error about not being able to write to a bit of video memory and crashes). I was considering disabling the new VRAM settings, but haven't gotten around to it.

As for the sound, couldn't you make a savestate prior to that scene and shuffle the plugins?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nulls plugin will cause epsxe to crash after they crash in the forest, but otherwise is vastly superior to the internal one. The solution is to use the internal one to get past the crash and then switch back to Null's for the rest of the game. Everyting should be fine from then on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Null's audio rocks.. that solved all my problems right there. I still have some low FPS when the battle scene starts, but at least the sound doesn't stick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts